Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20+ Not getting notifications

(Topic created on: 17-03-2020 09:19 PM)
Taylor0304
First Poster
Options

Since getting my S20+ everything has been great, yet I've noticed within the last day or two that I'm not getting notifications anymore. I won't see WhatsApp or Instagram messages unless I open the apps. I'm not getting app icon badges either. My phone is on loud and I have notifications turned on for both of these applications. I've tried restarting the phone and deleting and reinstalling WhatsApp and the issue still continues.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lmoraxs
First Poster
Options

so i was having the same.issues with my newly purchased S20. I wasnt getting certain notifications like Instagram and google voice but then i finally figured it out. I had an app on my phone called security master and another one for locking my apps. I discovered these apps were interfering or blocking the notifications so if u have similar apps you have installed to password protect your apps, either uninstall them or change the settings that are blocking your notifications . I hope it works for u guyz. I was literally on my way to go return the phone when i tried this and it worked

View solution in context

44 REPLIES 44
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Taylor0304! Please go to: Settings > Notifications > Allow notifications for all apps. Also, go to: Settings > Sounds and vibration > Notification sounds > Notifications for all apps > Make sure this is toggled on. Next, go to: Settings > Software update > Download updates manually. Finally, do a Soft Reset on your phone by holding the Volume Down as well as the Power buttons for 10 seconds. 

linderlou
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. I've tried all the suggested fixes and none have helped. 

It's super frustrating as it's extended to my galaxy watch. My phone won't receive a notification so my watch won't either. I'm ready to throw my expensive phone in the trash.

LouKnew
Apprentice
Options
Same here I want to trash this phone 😡
LouKnew
Apprentice
Options

this did not work 4me

LouKnew
Apprentice
Options

I feel your pain bro same ***** here

LouKnew
Apprentice
Options

Omg this is really frustrating I am not getting any of my Ring door bell alerts or any of my smart things alerts...so no security 4me and my family wtf I hate this phone...)-:

Garryjr95
First Poster
Options

I seem to be having a similar issue, however upon following said steps, my issue still remains

liamrabbitt
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same problim has anyone found a soloution ?

0 Likes
Naman
Explorer
Options

This issue is not just limited to Samsung.

This is a Android bug accepted by Google but it is not rectified. There is android issue tracker, below is the link with bug number

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/139212329

Kindly star mark this issue for fast resolution

0 Likes