Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20+ low call sound / volume

(Topic created on: 04-06-2020 10:59 AM)
LAger
Journeyman
Options

Hello 

I have s20+ and a very low sound volume during phone calls. All volume setting are on max. The volume other bluetooth (headphone or auto) ist normal and loud enouth. Only the inbuild phone call speeker is this way quit. The Samsung online support indicated the hardware defect on the speaker.

I have replaced the phone and got the new one. Directly used it after initial setup - good, loud sound from the phone speeker (calling, not the media-speeker). Then I connected it with my car via bluetooth. And after that (disconneted from the car)  the same problem with the  second s20+.   No siginficant changes made. All volume setting are on max. The call speaker sound has became low.

A hardware defect can be IMHO excluded, after the second new s20+ has the same behaviour.

Does somebody know about this issue and how to handle it?

LAger

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LAger
Journeyman
Options

I have solved this odd issue. The cause was the screen protection by AsBellt. It uses a UV glue. This glue has been running into the very thin ear speak space during the installation. The guy in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UnfoqAdxWI shows there the ear speaker is and how to clean it. Its some  tricky.

AsBellt is a very good protector, but be aware of the glue.

afer the cleaning procedure the sound was back. 

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
LAger
Journeyman
Options

one more thougt:

i don't know if the connection to the car is the cause. But the issue with the volume was determined afterwards.

0 Likes
Solution
LAger
Journeyman
Options

I have solved this odd issue. The cause was the screen protection by AsBellt. It uses a UV glue. This glue has been running into the very thin ear speak space during the installation. The guy in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UnfoqAdxWI shows there the ear speaker is and how to clean it. Its some  tricky.

AsBellt is a very good protector, but be aware of the glue.

afer the cleaning procedure the sound was back. 

Tomash
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much !!!1

0 Likes
Marlytyz
Student
Options

I have the same issue that started after it connected to my car for the first time. Samsung haven't been very helpful. All they suggest is a hard reset. I don't have a screen protector. 

0 Likes
Waqas_Ahmed
Student
Options

Honestly, with your specific issue, this resolved my problem:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Low-Volume-on-the-Speaker-for-media-Galaxy-S20/td-p/1...

Enable the Media Volume Limit and push the slider to max. That actually resolved it a bit. I will test it out and update later then. Cheers!

0 Likes
AmitArora749
First Poster
Options

Hi Everyone

Even I am also facing the same issue on my mobile. Have you got any resolution for this?

Thanks

0 Likes
AmitArora749
First Poster
Options

Hi 

Any update on this?

0 Likes