Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 Edge Apps panel does not show

(Topic created on: 28-03-2020 10:47 AM)
NoaG
Student
Options

Edge Apps panel on my brand new S20 does not show when checked and is impossible to edit - trying to edit the Apps panel crashed the Apps app..  All other panels work fine. Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mandrew
Student
Options

I figured it out!! Okay, so when you click edit under the apps panel and the message pops up to either close the app or look at info, click info. Then, scroll down to 'storage, click that, then clear the data and cache. Click the back button, then scroll down and make sure the following are set up:

Notifications: allowed

Permissions: storage

Set as default: none set as default

Change system settings:  allowed

If this doesn't immediately work, restart your phone and try again, but only clear the data. I did versions of this multiple times and it worked after just clearing the data so you might could just start there! Hope this makes sense and helps!

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Aknipp62
First Poster
Options

Same problem S20 Ultra here. I've tried everything I can think of, even safe mode. No matter what it just crashes when I try to edit it and never shows on the edge panel. I loved this on my S8+ and really want this function back.

0 Likes
Lalkersfan4life
First Poster
Options

same issue here... any other egdr panel app like contacts works fine but the apps just crashes. 

0 Likes
Mandrew
Student
Options

Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet? I fixed it on my s20 before I broke it, but can't remember what I did and need to fix it on my new one. Thanks!

0 Likes
Solution
Mandrew
Student
Options

I figured it out!! Okay, so when you click edit under the apps panel and the message pops up to either close the app or look at info, click info. Then, scroll down to 'storage, click that, then clear the data and cache. Click the back button, then scroll down and make sure the following are set up:

Notifications: allowed

Permissions: storage

Set as default: none set as default

Change system settings:  allowed

If this doesn't immediately work, restart your phone and try again, but only clear the data. I did versions of this multiple times and it worked after just clearing the data so you might could just start there! Hope this makes sense and helps!

JacFlash
First Poster
Options

Cannot thank you enough for this! It totally worked.

0 Likes
NoaG
Student
Options

This worked great, thank you!

0 Likes
Jcrewmama
First Poster
Options

You are awesome! It worked on our s10! Thank you!

0 Likes