Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

OneDrive No Longer Synching from SD Card to OneDrive Camera Roll Folder On S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 01-09-2020 05:03 PM)
Wiggins45
Explorer
Options

I have an S20 Ultra and I can no longer synch my photos from my SD card to the OneDrive Camera Roll folder. It will only sync from internal storage to a new folder called Camera and this becomes a hassle because of limited space on the internal storage and requires constant moving around of pictures and videos. I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a work around to some how get the SD card to sync again with OneDrive photos. I bought this phone mainly because of the camera and this is very dissappointing. 

63 REPLIES 63
jonbonjovi
Apprentice
Options

It works! Thank you!

0 Likes
vince_b
Student
Options

Worked for me as well - thanks!

0 Likes
jssilver
Journeyman
Options

EDIT: It worked!!  It took a few hours before the files showed up in OneDrive, but they made it.  Thanks for posting the solution.

Only problem now - the S20+ is complaining about errors on the SD Card.  Looking into how to resolve that.

I followed these steps on my new S20+ but so far I'm not seeing any syncing.  My phone was just upgraded to the new One UI 2.5 so maybe that's caused things to change again.  A few additional points:

1. The change appears to be related to Samsung's switch from Samsung Cloud Gallery Sync and Drive to OneDrive. If you are already a OneDrive user your Samsung and Microsoft accounts will be linked when you set up your phone.
  2. "...turn off "cloud sync". On my phone (S20+) it actually said "Sync to OneDrive" (or something like that).  Now that I've followed your steps it says "Cloud sync".
  3. "Open your Microsoft Account's additional security options." - I had to do this on the OneDrive website.  The steps were: Go to account.microsoft.com -> Update your security info -> More security options.  The Samsung account link was shown at the top of the page.
  4. I was prompted to allow Storage permission for OneDrive but I had to manually add Camera, Contacts, and Telephone.
  5. After following these steps the "Camera upload" option appears in the OneDrive settings. Camera upload used to report progress in the Photos tab but I'm not seeing any activity.

Help!!

0 Likes
Wiggins45
Explorer
Options

Sorry for the late reply. I'm glad it's working now for you. I'm not an expert but what are the errors you are getting for the SD card? I'll see if I can help. 

0 Likes
jssilver
Journeyman
Options

I started getting "read write error occurred on your sd card"  notifications.  My PC also has problems reading the card, so I guess it is genuinely corrupted (maybe by all the physical and digital activity involved in moving to a new phone).  Fortunately all my important data (pictures, video, and music) were already backed up to OneDrive. I've copied the music to internal storage, and I'll access my older pictures via the OneDrive app.  New pictures taken with the S20+ will be saved to internal storage.  With 128 GB on the S20+ I don't really need the extra storage anyway.

Thanks for checking.

0 Likes
Wiggins45
Explorer
Options

I had a similar incident with my older phone, not the S20 and what I was able to do is put the card into my PC and format it and it worked fine afterward in the phone. I have also seen a few of these cards just go bad for unknown reasons so it's a real good thing that everything is backed up. OK, best of luck with the phone. 

0 Likes
Glero
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the solution.

So does this mean that all pictures and videos will go back to syncing into the OneDrive folder and new folders for different apps etc will no longer be created like syncing through the gallery?

Also does that mean that things on the internal storage are no longer synced? 

0 Likes
Wiggins45
Explorer
Options

For me all pictures and videos from both storage locations automatically started syncing to the OneDrive Camera Roll folder again. I'm not sure about the new folders for different apps being created thing but both storage locations sync fine for me. Remember if you change your default picture and video location to the SD Card and take an 8K video it will only be saved to the internal storage on the phone and not the SD Card. It still syncs though and It can be moved over to the SD Card manually if desired. Hope this helps.    

jssilver
Journeyman
Options

I just added a bunch of music folders to my internal storage and OneDrive prompted me to add those that contained images (album covers, etc.) to the library.  So I guess that means that images from other apps will be discovered.  Frankly I found that a bit annoying so I turned that discovery setting off in OneDrive. 

Wiggins45
Explorer
Options

Ok, I'm sorry I wasn't sure what you were referring too. I see what you mean. On OneDrive web it gives the option to show photos from the pictures folder or from all folders. Selecting the pictures photos only hides all those album art graphics. There doesn't seem to be a similar setting on the Android OneDrive app. I don't have any music folders on my phone but I see the album art from the music I have stored on OneDrive. Kind of annoying for me.