Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Individual notification tones on S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 10-03-2020 05:49 PM)
Tangoman65
Pioneer
Options

It seems we still have no option or work round as to putting individual tones on texts like we still can do on ringtone. 

Does anyone understand why???. 

Is there a work round. 

0 Likes
Go to solution
42 REPLIES 42
Nhump13
First Poster
Options
Thanks. Worked like a charm.
0 Likes
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options

I have the s20+ i have 25-30 notification tones in the notification folder only ONE shows up.

I have a minus button. Eg option to remove that one.. However yesterday I had a plus button and all my notifications. Today only one shows and the plus button has gone so I can't add any at all. Before it even let me pick any mp3 and pick a segment as my ringtone or notification tone.

Now I have no idea if it's Facebook or twitter or what going off as I pick my own tones for each app and even some within the app like if someone mentions me on twitter or dms me vs just someone I follow.

Same with messenger and Facebook and emails and calander events. They all use same tone or built in stuff which I don't like 

0 Likes
Tangoman65
Pioneer
Options
Welcome to the all caring new Samsung. See previous posts on this and the s9+ relating to this from me. It goes back as far as then. Samsung going to sort out blah blah . Now we have a definitive NO from Samsung as to sorting this out.
0 Likes
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options

@Tangoman65 wrote:
Welcome to the all caring new Samsung. See previous posts on this and the s9+ relating to this from me. It goes back as far as then. Samsung going to sort out blah blah . Now we have a definitive NO from Samsung as to sorting this out.

Really? Cause my s9+ works perfectly. Every ringtone and notification in the folder shows up. Just checked it again now and it works fine on my s9+. Its only the s20+ i have hat seems to not have custom notifications showing up. Yet ringtones work fine. 

0 Likes
Trish71
First Poster
Options

when i do this then delete my messages I have to reset custom tones everything I get a new message the settings aren't saving after I delete the message 

nobbygreen
First Poster
Options

if you want to assign to a specific person, go to text messages select one from the person you want, then click the 3 dots. top right. there you can then select the tone you want for that person. hope this helps :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Tangoman65
Pioneer
Options

Thats fine so long as you dont delete the whole message thread. If you do delete it the tone returns to default setting. Annoying!!!

0 Likes
CTR22
First Poster
Options

I have the S20 Plus and worked like a charm. Much better way to do it than a cumbersome copy/paste on the PC.  Thank you!

0 Likes
Billybob59
Student
Options

You're correct! However this option can ONLY be done at the text thread level. If you are like any other text messenger, over a 30 day period of time you might have accumulated hundreds of text messages. This solution is really not a solution or even a work around. If ringtones can be assigned to a contact at the contact level, then text messages should also be included within the Samsung experience. Prior to the Note 8, this task was easy to implement, however for some unknown reason, the tech developers at Samsung have not replaced this benefit. If I was a manger within the Marketing department our Product Development for a company like Samsung and had this many complaints, by now, I would have definitely escalated the issue.

Someone at Samsung is not listening to their loyal clients...

Sincerely a 15 year loyal client

thomasjaydon
First Poster
Options

Did anyone answer or solve this? I have a brand new note20 ultra and have been trying to assign a different notification tone for it so I know if I'm getting a text message or a email. the only thing I can do is go through each message and assign individual tones for each person....which sucks!!!!!I wish there was away to just assign different tones for individual apps just so when I hear the tone I know what its notifying for.....

0 Likes