Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Individual notification tones on S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 07:07 AM)
Tangoman65
Pioneer
Options

It seems we still have no option or work round as to putting individual tones on texts like we still can do on ringtone. 

Does anyone understand why???. 

Is there a work round. 

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
xraytedjim
Journeyman
Options

Of course we have the option.

* Go to your messages app. 

* Click on the conversation of the person you'd like to customize

* Click the 3 dots in upper right hand corner

* Select "Notification Sound" and customize your sounds.

You can also customize wallpaper for that individual.

Enjoy!

Solution
Tangoman65
Pioneer
Options

Yes with the options of the tones available. I was on about the tone I can put on. Anyway since my initial post I have done this. 

1. Download Zedge (or similar) and find the tones you want and download to your device.

2. Go to files folder on your device and find Zedge (or your choice) folder and highlight the sounds and copy option. 

3 Go to notification folder on Internal storage. And paste the tones to this folder. 

4. When you now go to notification tones they will be there. 

Hope this helps other people. 

Regards Tangoman. 👍

Cudacor
First Poster
Options

there is no way at all to asign a ringtone for individual apps. So i was hoping to have a ringtone for emails and a different one for text messages and you cant do that with the s20. Ive wasted enough time with a few apps .... you will just have to wait for samsung to get off their butts and make an update so that we can achieve this 

Victorialee
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much! Just upgraded to the S20 and couldn't figure out how to use my zedge tones for individual people. 

This worked 

Steve1956
Explorer
Options
I had S10 & did live chat with Samsung asking for this option to be re- instated. At the bottom of the list of Samsung installed ringtones/sounds, there used to be an "Other" option, where you could choose from any of the files on your phone / SD Card. Obviously not listening & narrowing customisation options 😥
Heidi2227
Pioneer
Options

I DO BOT WANT TO SAVE A MESSAGE THREAD SAMSUND HAS BEEN SAYING FOR 2 YEARS THEY WOULD BRING BACK INDIVIDUAL MESSAGE TONES PER CONTACT LIKE WE HAVE FOR RING TONES AND THEY HAVE NOT WHY WOULD YOU TAKE IT AWAY I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING OF RETURNING MY ULTRA AND GOING TO IPHONE. YOU ALL LIE.

0 Likes
wizzyguy
First Poster
Options

to change different notification sounds for different apps on your samsung S20 Ulta go to: settings-apps and click the app - notifications-general notifications name-(not the on or off tab) check alert box and pick your sound...voila... you're done.

hope it helps.

Heidi2227
Pioneer
Options

the problem is our contacts only allow for personal ringtones under edit not messages tones no one wants to save threads of messages just to have this feature Samsung should have never removed it..horrible 

Tangoman65
Pioneer
Options

unfortunately this is a blanket text tone. I want one for wife another one each for both kids one for work etc. This responce doesn't sort out what I actually said. This was supposed to have been sorted on a new update by Samsung over 2 years ago. SORRY WIZZYGUY. Try again.