Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Google Assistant gesture (stopping it)

(Topic created on: 25-07-2020 10:07 AM)
Noddi
Journeyman
Options

The assistant launches with the gesture swiping up fron the bottom centre of the S20 Plus screen.

Aside from turning off G.A., is there a way of removing this one gesture (while still using the other two down there)?

7 REPLIES 7
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options

I can't find it but if look in the Google app settings rather than the normal gestures settings, there are separate settings for Google assistant if you search from the icon at the top of the settings page

Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

To disable touch and hold of the home button go to

Settings>apps>(top right select 3 Dots) default apps>device assistant app> set to none

When no app is selected this feature is disabled.

Hope this helps and if it does dont forget to mark it as the solution.

Screenshot_20200717-060025_Settings.jpg

Noddi
Journeyman
Options

It's a partial solution, but this also stop "OK Google" from working...

Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Settings>display>navigation bar>hard press home button 

Turn this feature off and ok google will still work.

Update:Not sure if this is just on my phone but after i turned hard press on again i cant get hard press for assistant to work again. So this might kill that feature without losing any options.

Mike8050
Explorer
Options

Any solution for this if one uses the gesture navigation and not the three buttons thing?

This is really anyoning searching the web for option with samsung. MiUi is so intuitive...

The only reason I need to disable it while it was not necessary with Xiaomi is because locking in voice messages in Whatsapp and Telegram opens up the assistant and stops the voice message record. Jeezus. Anyone with this company ever used their phone???

Leonardo Vaz
First Poster
Options

That doesn't solved the problem at all. I want to disable the swipe to invoke the assistant, WITHOUT disabling the google assistant as a whole...

There is no way, Samsung wouldn't make this as a possibility right?

Zetanashor
First Poster
Options

I have solved it, following this guide:
https://www.talkandroid.com/guides/update/swipe-to-invoke-assistant-gesture/

Hope it helps,  but it is basically disabling the option Swipe to invoke assistant on the "Gesture" tab of navigation.

It worked on my S23+