Support

Open search

Galaxy S20+ 5G and other S20 (non ultra) main camera sensor hot pixels

Highlighted
Explorer

Yesterday I was very happy because I got my S20+ 5G pre-order. Once day ended I started to test night shots of brand new S20. When examined my photos I realized how many hot pixels does main 12MP sensor have. it's actually very big amount of white dots. I examined (by taking a dark frame, Pro Mode, ISO100, put your hand on camera lens or go to the very dark rook and take a picture and then set screen brightenss to the max and zoom your picture and search for white, red or orange dots) 4 other units in Samsung Brand Store and Media Markt and all of them have the same issues. There was no clean result. How do you think... It will be resolved by firmware update or not? Since my own S20 isn't alone with that issue Samsung should do something to repair that. But... my earlier experience with DSLR cameras tells me that nothing actually Sammy can do about that. It's a sensors hardware failure that can't be resolved simply by just firmware update...

Please find attached photos where I pointed out locations of hot pixels on my photo.

Hot pixels 1.jpgHot pixels 2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Explorer
Well noone experienced hot pixels? Come one... :winking-face: I checked 3 other S20s and they had the same issue. It's not a faulty sensor... It's a feature.
Highlighted

I've checked extensively on mine and see none of the issues you speak about

Top Liked Authors