Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Default Passcode Attempts Samsung S20

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 07:03 PM)
Barry16
First Poster
Options

Hi can anyone tell me what The default passcode attempts on a Samsung S20 ive tried 20 times with a 30 second delay each time 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Barry16 ,

is this referring to the phone's PIN? If so, that is strange as our phones don't come with any passcode set. Would you be able to have a look at this guide

0 Likes
Barry16
First Poster
Options

Hi apologies you're right I did mean pin code 

0 Likes
loribear1
Navigator
Options
phones don't come with a pincode , unless you've put one in , or someone else has had that phone & put a pun in it .
0 Likes
Barry16
First Poster
Options

Hi sorry maybe I've worded this wrong what I want to know is if I choose a pincode and say for example I lose the phone how many attempts would someone get at guessing it before the phone would erase all the data. 

Regards B

0 Likes
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

That option is turned off by default. If you did turn it on you will have 15 attempts before the device factory resets itself. So you should be fine if you already attempted 20 times. Hope this helps, if this answers your question please mark this as the solution.Secure lock settings exampleSecure lock settings example

0 Likes
Barry16
First Poster
Options

Thank you it seems to just give a 30 second delay that doesn't increase would this get larger per more attempts I don't wanna try just incase 

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

I cannot find a definite answer. There is a possibility that you will be required to enter your gmail password or the duration will go up. I also found another solution to unlocking your device using find my phone from your Samsung account 

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-unlock-my-galaxy-device-if-i-forgot-the-...

0 Likes
Robbie_D
First Poster
Options

Hi TeresaD,

I have a Note 20 Ultra that I somehow forget the 4 digit pin I set.  Each time I attempt to try a code it keeps extending the lock out time.  I am now at wait 2 hrs.  

Is there a point where it will resent to ) attempts tried?  Will it eventually ask me for my google account to allow me in or do I need to factory reset?

Can I force it to ask for my google account?

I have been using a NordPLus while waiting to get this phone repaired, It would be best if I could syncs the two devices after getting it unlocked so only new data is transfered from the temp phone I am using. 

Is any of this possible?  Can I at least back up the phone before restoring it?

0 Likes
Members_uLGxPyp
First Poster
Options

I can not hard reset when i folow the prosiger  and icanot

0 Likes