Support

Open search

120hz in WQHD+

Highlighted
Navigator

When will samsung push out the update and allow us to use 120 hz in 3200x1440 ? Its a huge difference really smooth but just can't make myself change to 1080p I can see the difference but want 120hz I don't care about battery I can charge any time this would make the s20 the perfect phone.

S20 Ultra 5G 512GB
27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted

Screenshot_20200506-224929_YouTube.jpg

Highlighted

I dont want to give any false hopes to anyone but there is always compression methods...nvidia did it a few years back i think when everyone said that the bus lane of the card's memory was to small to be able to give enough bandwidth for 4k gaming i think it was 250ish gb/sec vs 512 gb/sec on an amd one. But in the end it was fine because nvidia introduced a new compression method, anyway we will see..

Highlighted

Compression lowers quality and needs processing power to be compressed and then you would need a chip to decompress that on the screen which also adds latency and a lot.

Not enough bandwidht no solution

Archer
Highlighted

Just go with the 96hz option

Smooth and not as battery consuming as 120hz

Edit: still on FHD not QHD

Highlighted
How do you do that?
Highlighted
Either through ADB or with an app from XDAlabs
https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/sszb.s20.refresh
Second option is easier but you will need to have it set at 120hz first to be able to go down to 96hz
It will also install 2 tiles on the quick lunch menu
One for 120hz and one for 96hz
Highlighted

I tried it on the s20 ultra and it worked fine.

Edit: then you can go on testufo.com and can check the refresh rate on your device

Highlighted

Thank you!

Highlighted
Observer

Screenshot_20200610-223528_Settings.jpg

Somehow I was able to do both 120hz and WQHD+, I don't know how I did this

Highlighted

Yuo cannot. If you enabled it you are compromisimg on colours fidelity a lot since there is not enough bandwidht

Archer
Top Liked Authors