Support

Open search

Web page freezing when scrolling (Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra)

Highlighted
Apprentice

Only had it for a few days, but regularly when I'm scrolling on a web page (an on-line newspaper for example) the page will freeze.   Then I have to use the back button to come out of the site and then re-enter again.   Anyone else have this problem or remedial suggestions?

137 REPLIES 137
Highlighted

I visited the site on my s20+ and I can confirm it freezes on chrome and works fine on edge

I am switching to edge for now. 

Highlighted
First Poster

I've voor the same problem with Google feed  and Chrome.

Highlighted
Observer

I have the same problem too, on an (Exynos) Samsung Galaxy s20+. I hope they can fix it soon, it's annoying having to reopening the app every time. Clearing cache and data haven't solved the issue. 

Highlighted
Same problem here on my S20+. You only have to press the multitask-button (or what it's called) and then go back into the app to solve it.
Highlighted

Try turning off 'Use screen context' (Google App). It fixes most of the freezing in other apps when scrolling. Chrome is still an issue but it can be cleared by hitting the 'switch app' button. 

Highlighted

What worked for me to stop the freezing on my S20+ is by changing it from 120hz to 60hz refresh rate 😞

Is Samsung looking into this issue?

I thought the grass was greener by moving from my google pixel 2xl to this...

Highlighted
Apprentice

For some reason it stopped freezing for me yesterday. Didn't have a single freeze for 2 days now. Is it fixed for you as well? 

Highlighted

I don't have yet the April update but since 2-3 days I didn't have a single lockscreen freeze, even though I changed nothing. Weird, but I'll take it

Highlighted
I have april update. No freezes either for 2 dayes now. Darkmode using Chrome browser 120-96 hrz exynoz. ???? 😁 Fingers crossed!!
Highlighted

I have a S20 Ultra with the latest update and I'm still experiencing scrolling locking up. I have the exynos chip.

I'm using dark mode and 120hz

Top Liked Authors