Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web page freezing when scrolling (Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra)

(Topic created on: 01-05-2020 10:43 PM)
PAGallim
Journeyman
Options

Only had it for a few days, but regularly when I'm scrolling on a web page (an on-line newspaper for example) the page will freeze.   Then I have to use the back button to come out of the site and then re-enter again.   Anyone else have this problem or remedial suggestions?

150 REPLIES 150
Nonameneeded
First Poster
Options

Got the problem too since day one. This is a terrible bug because in Chrome my data is synchronized. Never thought Samsung builds so bad phones. I will give it back. 

Glutooth
First Poster
Options

People keep saying this but it is not true.

Edge is NOT chromium based on mobile. You are thinking of the desktop version of the browser.

0 Likes
Rhonny
Pioneer
Options

@Glutooth 

Edge on mobile has been Chromium-based since 15th January.

SavilleWolf
Explorer
Options

People keep saying it because it is true. Edge is now Chromium based on most platforms: Windows, Android, MacOS and iOS.

You can read about it here in an Android Authority article dated 16th January 2020.

As @Rhonny has correctly stated, it was released as a stable release, on the 15th of January.

bjr1971
Explorer
Options

Today i contacted Samsung support in Denmark. They said i should contact Google about this problem. Then i told them not to put broken software on phones that you cant delite. If it is there, it better work. Chrome is essential. Now i am realy mad. Going for the One plus 8 pro. and selling my Galaxy s20plus exynoz. Worst support ever!!

0 Likes
Maustin
Journeyman
Options

@bjr1971 wrote:

Today i contacted Samsung support in Denmark. They said i should contact Google about this problem. Then i told them not to put broken software on phones that you cant delite. If it is there, it better work. Chrome is essential. Now i am realy mad. Going for the One plus 8 pro. and selling my Galaxy s20plus exynoz. Worst support ever!!

That's unacceptable and terrible customer service.  Even if it was a problem with the browser it is Samsung responsibility to contact Google. I would suggest that you call back and ask for a manager. If the manager does not resolve the issue then you need to contact their corporate office. If you let them know about the how the representative and the manager handled your problem I most certain that someone will get fired but most importantly you should be getting the best response to your problem and with a resolution. 

SavilleWolf
Explorer
Options

You are right, this is Samsung's problem to fix. I know multiple people with different Android phones and Chrome works perfectly and is totally stable. It also works fine on older Samsung phones.

This is totally a problem with the Samsung software on the S20 line of phones. It is their responsibility to fix this, because it isn't acceptable.

I can't help but think they perhaps released the S20 without it being 100% ready. There are too many bugs for my liking. Samsung are not working fast enough to fix them either and on expensive phones, this is wrong!

Nathan2288
First Poster
Options

got the same freezing browser here. Plus over heating and fps slowing down on game like pubg with not even hd graphics.

What a shame for that price

0 Likes
Maustin
Journeyman
Options

I have been dealing with this problem long enough and have finally reached my limit.  This is a Samsung hosted site and although many people have confirmed that there are multiple problems with this model phone no one from Samsung has chimed in to apologize for the inconvenience or have assured us that they are working on a fix or provide an estimated time of when the issue will be resolved. I am beyond the time limit to return the phone to where I purchased it but I will be contacting Samsung customer service directly to request a refund and if it's not granted I will report it the Better Business  Bureau. I recommend that everyone else do the same.  We should not have to deal with these problems and not get feedback from Samsung on a resolution for the most expensive phone on the market.  There are multiple glitches with this phone. The entire public needs to be aware of the problems with this model phone and that Samsung is not responding to their customers. 

https://www.bbb.org/process-of-complaints-and-reviews/complaints

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

https://www.consumer-action.org/helpdesk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrYPu6smc6QIViI3ICh1DZQvLEAAYAiAAEgImXPD_...

https://www.usa.gov/consumer-complaints

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/

0 Likes
Hoofee
First Poster
Options

I'm having this exact problem on my Galaxy S9+, so it's not just s problem on the S20.

I have it occur mostly when scrolling online news articles.  It freezes up and I need to either click the android Back button, or wait a while.  I haven't timed how long I need to wait, but it appears to eventually free up and I can scroll again until the next freeze.  Very annoying.

I'm not sure when it started to occur, but it wasn't occurring when I first got the phone nearly two years ago.

0 Likes