Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web page freezing when scrolling (Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra)

(Topic created on: 24-04-2020 02:53 PM)
PAGallim
Journeyman
Options

Only had it for a few days, but regularly when I'm scrolling on a web page (an on-line newspaper for example) the page will freeze.   Then I have to use the back button to come out of the site and then re-enter again.   Anyone else have this problem or remedial suggestions?

150 REPLIES 150
Rhonny
Pioneer
Options
Scrolling freeze was an issue on mine from the start, rather than brought about by an update.

But nope, I've found today's update hasn't solved it... 😞
Maustin
Journeyman
Options

@Rhonny wrote:
Scrolling freeze was an issue on mine from the start, rather than brought about by an update.

But nope, I've found today's update hasn't solved it... 😞

Come on Samsung, what's it going to take for you to fix these high dollar phones? I understand that it is not as serious as your previous models where the batteries started a fire but with the cost of these phones I expect better service and turnaround for making corrections. Searching the web via the browser is one of the primary functionalities of a smartphone.  To have it constantly freeze is frustrating.  Please get it fixed.  If you can't find a fix please provide a credit to all the owners or allow them to return the phone for a full refund regardless of how long they have owned the phone. I kept my phone beyond the maximum return time with the hopes that Samsung would have a fix. It is taking your team too long and I am losing my patience. 

stu_d
Student
Options

Same here, I thought it was just me but apparently not. Issue seems to occur with Chromium based browsers (Chrome and Edge).  I've had this issue from when I first got my S20 Ultra and not even the latest ATD3 update has fixed it. Really disappointed and annoyed that Samsung released the S20 range with these sort of issues (along with speakers/audio issues and focusing/image quality issues on the camera). I previously had the S9+ which has served me well but the S20 Ultra is another story! Samsung need to acknowledge these issues and get them fixed ASAP or I will not be considering any future smart phone purchases from them.

raf_shc
Pioneer
Options

Same issue here on my S20+ 5G. Worst phone I've ever had. Only reason I'm not returning it is the fact I need the 5G dual sim capability. Came from a Note 10 5G and this is a really downgrade

DantheManc
Journeyman
Options

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the worse phone I've ever had.

It's the most expensive and the biggest let down of all the Galaxy models I've owned. I've had the S3, and every Galaxy S device since the S6 edge and the S20 Ultra is the most disappointing.

Samsung seem to have gone all out with the specs but the actual product doesn't live upto the expectations. The software is buggy, the camera is flawed and overall it gives the impression that it has been rushed to market.

The potential is their but I feel that I've paid a £1200 premium for a device which isn't as good as my previous S10+

If I would have had the chance to spend a couple of weeks with the S20 Ultra before buying I would have decided against purchasing. I feel many others would do the same.

I think many of the issues can be sorted with software updates but I didn't pay £1200 to be a beta tester. I paid a premium to get the best device on the market and at the moment I feel like I've taken a step backwards from my previous Galaxy S10+

Maustin
Journeyman
Options

I agree 100% with your comments. We all paid a lot money for the S20 Ultra and it is obvious that every user is impacted by this deficiency. I don't mind receiving updates to correct the problem because it's an effort to fix the problem however; after multiple failed attempts Samsung needs to work on customer service. There have been multiple complaints from users who spent top dollar on these ****** cellphones. We need to hear from corporate about getting a new model, credit or a refund. If you take the right actions to remedy this problem you will maintain your loyal customers otherwise expect a class action lawsuit and lose many customers.

0 Likes
Fernando711
First Poster
Options

Agree 100% plus phone overheat, bad signal, bad camera, battery life not the best, many bugs  first time I am thinking of changing to an apple phone, worst Samsung phone I have ever had, miss my Samsung s8+.

0 Likes
ozav8r
Student
Options

I'm now getting close to the end of my relationship with Samsung.  Their inability to fix the seemingly most basic functionality in their flagship device is more than a little bit frustrating.  What's even worse is their arroganse in not even acknowledging the problem.  We are here - on their own hosted forum - debating this, and they can't even make their presence known,  giving us any kind of feedback on what they are doing - if anything to sort this mess out.  I give them one more week - if no solution - this phone goes back and Samsung and I are officially done!

Enormorm
Student
Options

Same here. I have had every model starting with S4. Enough is enough - obviously Samsung don't care enough to even answer.

0 Likes
sigis123
Student
Options

I wonder if its passible to return it. I wanted but they said they gonna try to fix it. Maybe its differnt from country to country. 

0 Likes