Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web page freezing when scrolling (Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra)

(Topic created on: 24-04-2020 09:38 AM)
PAGallim
Journeyman
Options

Only had it for a few days, but regularly when I'm scrolling on a web page (an on-line newspaper for example) the page will freeze.   Then I have to use the back button to come out of the site and then re-enter again.   Anyone else have this problem or remedial suggestions?

150 REPLIES 150
ozav8r
Student
Options

I've just (14th April) updated my S20 Ultra with the latest software update released by Samsung. It has NOT fixed the freezing of Chrome browser.  Must admit I'm a bit miffed after buying their flagship device,  that they seemingly can't fix the most basic of problems on a smartphone - browsing the Web with the Google browser. 

0 Likes
sigis123
Student
Options

same phone same issue 

Marcis_K
Journeyman
Options

+1 for freezing issue while using Chrome.

S20 base version with exinos bought in LV.

Maustin
Journeyman
Options
I am having problems with multiple apps freezes. When the app freezes I am not able to back out of it. I have to hit the home button on the phone and then close the app. This happens often and it's very frustrating because this is a $2,000 phone with 512 GB upgraded memory. I did not have this problem with my Note 9. I am hoping Samsung is reading these messages so they can figure out what is causing the problem and then get it fixed with the next update. I expected this phone to be much better than my Note 9 not worse.

theRRC
First Poster
Options
Yes same issue here on S20 Ultra 5G
Maustin
Journeyman
Options
I know someone from Samsung is monitoring these complaints about the browser freezing and it would be nice if someone from Samsung could chime in to at least let us know that they are researching the problem and will come out with an update soon to correct the problem. All of us have paid a lot of money for the S20 and deserve to get this problem resolved quickly. Obviously this will impact your future sales because when someone ask me what do I think of the new phone I will warn them to not buy one and wait until they get their act together.
0 Likes
creativecog
Apprentice
Options

For me this problem is getting steadily worse with the whole phone freezing for 10-15 seconds a time. Just had to actually turn the phone off & on again to get it working. What a poor product Samsung... we have 3 in our family & I feel like a complete mug. Lesson learnt - if it continues to get worse I'll be requesting a refund & also won't be buying Samsung again. If press reports are to be believed, sales are challenged - not surprised, I've lost count of how many people I've told to avoid the phone/brand.

0 Likes
Rhonny
Pioneer
Options

I had yet another software update today (on S20+ UK), citing performance improvements, so let's see if this one has helped matters at all... 

0 Likes
rocxylemmon
First Poster
Options

i just noticed this after my phone did a update, i was like oh ***** here we go, no way to rollback this stupid update.

You would think samsung could allow us to rollback, windows has this, why can't android?

0 Likes
bjr1971
Explorer
Options

Well i have been mad at my fomer samsung Galaxy  phones before. And i have made treads of it to be my last Galaxy. This time One plus SD 865 was only one month later in store and even my carier have it. I skiped S9 for P20 pro but no google on new devices made me come back. Next time i go One Plus. I have had it with samsung. Feel cheated with all these problems an this hot mess of a chipset (exynoz)