Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web page freezing when scrolling (Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra)

(Topic created on: 04-04-2020 08:19 PM)
PAGallim
Journeyman
Options

Only had it for a few days, but regularly when I'm scrolling on a web page (an on-line newspaper for example) the page will freeze.   Then I have to use the back button to come out of the site and then re-enter again.   Anyone else have this problem or remedial suggestions?

150 REPLIES 150
chipchopchippy
Journeyman
Options

With refresh rate of 120Hz the phone became almost unusable, continuous freezing not just on chrome - all apps were affected. On a couple of occasions the only resolution was a restart.

Reduced the refresh rate to 60Hz and have had no further issues (2 days now) 

chipchopchippy
Journeyman
Options

Spoke to soon! 

Completely froze again (running a newspaper app) - needed a restart. This is total and utter *****. £1200 for a phone that continually crashes and has a ***** camera. Just wish I hadn't sent my s10+ back - probably stuck with the phone now as cv19 has made customer support a difficult task... 

0 Likes
BigHappy
First Poster
Options

S20+ snapdragon, same incredibly annoying issue here, mainly inside/using chrome.  Updates have made it worse if anything.

Enormorm
Student
Options
Same problem here, same "solution". Very disappointed.
0 Likes
Rhonny
Pioneer
Options

Okay, everyone. Here's a thing that might help identify a cause.... This is more obvious when I'm in a darker room, but whenever my screen freezes, I quickly press the power button to get it back, as has been discussed. But when it comes back on, it tends to be at a slightly different brightness to what it was when it froze, only a second or two before.

I wonder whether the light sensor changing the auto brightness slightly is freezing the phone when using Chrome (or Chrome-like browsers like Brave)?

Maybe something for you to look at next time it freezes.... 

0 Likes
bjr1971
Explorer
Options

Have updated to april firmware today 12 houers ago. I turned darkmode on, fingers crosed, have not had any freeze yet on this firmware G986BXXU1ATCT exynoz 5g plus ver.

0 Likes
bjr1971
Explorer
Options

Have had my first freeze in darkmode with new april firmware. OMG this phone is going back soon

0 Likes
bjr1971
Explorer
Options

Tested the april firmware an got 1 freeze in darkmode. OMG this phone is *****

0 Likes
Malcolm5
First Poster
Options

At least it's not a fault only on my phone (20plus). But Web browser does seem to hang my phone. Have to spend 5 mins trying to reboot.

The touch screen is totally unresponsive, so rebooting is difficult:(

0 Likes
Rhonny
Pioneer
Options

@Malcolm5 

Change the Bixby button to Power instead. Then it just takes a touch of that button to clear the freeze.

0 Likes