Support

Open search

USB-C headset stopped working

Highlighted
Observer

The standard USB-C headset that came with my S20 Ultra stopped working. 

If I plugin in a USB-C to aux adapter with another headset it still works. People's issues with USB-C to audio have been well documented and I appreciate the fact the USB-C adapter needs to be an interface rather than a passive convertor, but what is utterly baffling is that the bogg standard USB-C headset that came with my S20 Ultra used to work, but now doesn't.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

As a process of elimination can you try the earphones in another phone.

Usually the earphones have a guarantee of around 6 months so my suggestion is to contact the outlet that supplied the phone or your Samsung Support Department to have them swapped out @RWJB 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted

Have you check in your developer settings..... Scroll down to media and check that Disable USB Audio Routing isn't turned on. If so turn off and it should work. 

Highlighted

I don't have usb audio routing option on my s20+. My earphones still don't work they worked one day then the next nothing...

Highlighted
You need to get into Developer Menu..... Go to Settings > System > About phone. Tap Software info > Build number. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. You will find USB Audio Routing there....
Highlighted
In my S20 Ultra Disable USB Audio Routing isn't turned on. USB audio routing is enabled still earphones are not working. My mobile and headset both are brand new and the software is updated.
Top Liked Authors