Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade/Trade in miss-understanding

(Topic created on: 15-04-2020 08:59 AM)
Danny1984
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my phone using the trade-in scheme having received an email from Samsung. With this being so close to my upgrade time I assumed this was the same thing. I went through the trade-in process but have noticed that I am now being charged for my previous phone and new phone through Klarna.

Upon reading the T&Cs I did find this:

3.5 Please note that existing Upgrade Programme members who are part way through the term of their Upgrade Programme membership may not trade an Existing Handset which was purchased through the Upgrade Programme to take part in the Trade In Programme. It is a requirement of the Upgrade Programme membership that you return your original Existing Handset at the point when you upgrade.

However, surely Samsung/Klarna should have something in place to stop someone doing this.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Danny1984 ,

thanks for sharing this with us. In order to have a look at your Trade-in/Upgrade, you will need to our dedicated Online Shop Team on 0330 726 7467. They should be able to advise you further. 

0 Likes
Danny1984
First Poster
Options

Hi @TessM

Update:

I have spoken to Samsung support who advised my only option would be to contact the samsung recycle team and request -  they return my old phone

-  for me to return my new phone

-  then process my old phone through the upgrade scheme.

However, I have been informed my old phone can no longer be returned as it was fully processed on the 1st April.

I am now at a loss as to what to do next.

0 Likes
Danny1984
First Poster
Options

Update:

I have spoken to Samsung support who advised my only option would be to contact the samsung recycle team and request - they return my old phone

- for me to return my new phone

- then process my old phone through the upgrade scheme.

However, I have been informed my old phone can no longer be returned as it was fully processed on the 1st April.

I am now at a loss as to what to do next.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Danny1984, it does appear your last messages had slipped by hence we weren't about to get back to you, I apologise for this. Have you tried to reach the Samsung Recycle/MTR Team to see what can be done at this stage? This can be contacted on: 0333 207 9676 or helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk.

0 Likes
Danny1984
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Yes I contacted them and they informed me it was too late in the process for the phone to be return and that there is nothing they can do for me.

Thanks, 

Dan

0 Likes