Support

Open search

Unable to connect Samsung Gallery to Onedrive

Highlighted

I am new to the S20, having only received it yesterday.

I am triyng to connect Cloud Sync, from within the Samsung Gallery application to Microsoft Onedrive.

Each time I try and connect, after I have entered my details in the 'Samsung Account/Microsoft sync webpage', I get the attached error: Server error occured...

Can anyone assist at all?Sammy.jpg

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Pathfinder

Have you have two step verification turned on for your MS Account? If so try connect without the two step. See if

that helps. Other than that have you had a search around for other forums discussing it, like this one on MS.

Highlighted

Yay ! I have exactly same issue on Note 10+ 

Highlighted
Confirmed. Turn off 2 steps and connect will be worked !
Highlighted
Apprentice

This is ridiculous I've gone from IPhone to Samsung flagship phone and cant get this working without turning off 2fa on ms account which is a big no no. Also tried turning it off then back on after and it breaks the connection. And now I've just found typing this freezes the screen until I minimise the keyboard on the phone 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼

Highlighted

OMG! This is amazingly bad! You are exactly correct: you turn off 2FA, sync, then when it's complete you turn 2FA back on your Microsoft account and it breaks the Samsung connection.

Come on Samsung, get into the 20th century

Highlighted

Thus is more than ridiculous. Of course I will not turn off 2FA on any account. Samsung should be sued for this, as it is unlawful by certain acts (e.g. GDPR).

@Samsung @Samsung, as long as you do not change this, of course I will not let you use OneDrive

Highlighted
First Poster

+1 on this problem. I can't believe this is a 2FA problem. I contacted Samsung support via the Members App about this and they keep "putting me on hold" then never coming back. 

Please get this resolved @samsung!

Highlighted
First Poster

I've found a work around for this problem without turing 2fa off. 

My previous setup, Microsoft Account + Authy for 2FA codes. 

All I did was download and configure Microsoft Authenticator App. Instead of choosing to sign in with Password and 2FA code I just selected the Microsoft Authenticator app as the auth method during setup. 

This worked for me first time so this 2FA use case must have been tested but not the other one. 

Hope this helps others. 

Highlighted

Thank you so much!

I can infact confirm that using Microsoft Authenicator works, and you don't have to disable 2FA to connect Samsung Gallery with Onedrive.

Top Liked Authors