Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of trading in your old Samsung for a shiny new S20? Think again...

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 11:08 PM)
DCZH
Apprentice
Options

Well I was expecting £200 trade in for my S8 Plus against an S20 Ultra - now Samsung has received the S8 Plus they claim it has screen burn in at the top of the screen beside the time and want £100 from me. Well this phone is just over two years old. So either Samsung are selling phones with screens not fit for purpose or they are trying to rip me off. This will be the last Samsung I buy. 

121 REPLIES 121
BOBO2020
Student
Options
Had the same issue has now been resolved had complained and mentioned trust pilot reviews and said I refused to pay my monthly payments if not resolved and was quickly fixed
0 Likes
nsharma
Explorer
Options

This is the trust piolet review posted today :

Phone was in great condition, no so called "screen burn" fault, Samsung is running a SCAM, and for every exchange phone they are sending "screen burn"fault".

Without any proof, they send a blur picture of the mobile, with following message :

There has been a problem with your order.

Programme reference: 288745, 288947

Upon inspection of your device we found the following fault:
Display Faulty - Screen Burn

In order to proceed you will need to pay £100.00 excess to complete your order. You can pay using the secure link to SagePay below. Payments will be made directly to our repair centre MTR Group Ltd.

UPON COMPLAINING, THEY SEND THIS MESSAGE:

You have a few options proceeding;

You can pay the excess of £100 and your trade in will be complete
You can pay the promotional discount of £200 and we will return your trade in device
You can return your new device to Samsung and we will return your trade in device

Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

COMPLAING WITH SAMSUNG CORPORATE :

For some people, Samsung have "waived" the excess charge ...

This is a BIG SCAM OFFICIALLY RUN BY SAMSUNG. Please complain to Trading Standards, Citizen Advice Bureau, national media.

0 Likes
nsharma
Explorer
Options

Update :

1)  Reported to Sansung CEO / Samsung UK Presidential Escalations Team

2) Reported toTrading Standards

3) Following up with Citizen Advise Bureau, followed by legal action.

4) Samsung will have to pay for my mobiles, for my time spend on this case, and all legal costs.

Just received email that ORDER COMPLETED , what has changed ???

The case is with Trading Standards, Citizen Advice Bureau, postred on trust pilot and several online forums.

I will see to that Samsung pays all my legal costs, all my costs and resolve this issue once for all for every Samsung customer.

Londinium
First Poster
Options

I have had the same,they sent a pic but there is no firm evidence of this pic being my phone. Just a pic of a screen with a red arrow . I have asked them to return it to me so I can have it examined they say I have to pay first! so I've suggested court action then I've found this string so am pretty sure I am being extorted by samsung which at the very least is disappointing 

0 Likes
Pistol6000
First Poster
Options

Just to update: I just ignored mine and got a transaction complete email last week.

Wont be trading in my Note 10+ when the time comes, its a joke

0 Likes
nsharma
Explorer
Options

Do not pay, and write to Samsung. 

If you escalate, they QUITELY complete your transaction. 

0 Likes
icetos
First Poster
Options

Another victim of this scam here...

Here's my TrustPilot review, I have been given the three options, going with option three to return my new phone, I am disgusted with Samsung and won't be paying them anything more.

0 Likes
Rhino66
Student
Options
wish I would have seen_read this first.Sent in a perfect note 9 and everything in the box untouched and still in original packing to off set a s20plus.LOW LIGHT SCREEN BURN......and a extra £50.Bad show samsung.
0 Likes
Rhino66
Student
Options
forgot picture
0 Likes
Slicko
First Poster
Options

They didn't even tell me why it was rejected.  I traded in 3 S8 phones... in their original boxes.  2 did have broke screens and I was perfectly honest about each one.  ALL were functional and I took every step in the list they give... the conditions and steps you need to go through in order to successfully receive the trade in value.

So, 2 with cracked screens and 1 was perfect.  The 1 that apparently failed for whatever reason:  they took all $175.00 away... no credit!!!   I have been buying Samsung phones exclusively for many years... 6 phones... me, my wife, and 4 children.

I have tried chatting, phone calls, and email to no avail for more than a week now... and just 1 email back saying it was rejected, no reason why, AND I can't get it back.  They got me... nothing I can do now.

0 Likes