Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of trading in your old Samsung for a shiny new S20? Think again...

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 11:08 PM)
DCZH
Apprentice
Options

Well I was expecting £200 trade in for my S8 Plus against an S20 Ultra - now Samsung has received the S8 Plus they claim it has screen burn in at the top of the screen beside the time and want £100 from me. Well this phone is just over two years old. So either Samsung are selling phones with screens not fit for purpose or they are trying to rip me off. This will be the last Samsung I buy. 

121 REPLIES 121
JillianB
Journeyman
Options

You should call Samsung, not the repair centre. That's how we got it sorted out. 

sammy2000
Journeyman
Options
Thank you, I'm going to do that, and hopefully get it sorted as it bugging me .
0 Likes
Awahwah
Explorer
Options

I've just upgraded and just this second sent my old 10plus back.

I've taken loads of pictures of a phone that is pristine,  so they better not try it on as I jave the evidence needed.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@bourneagain wrote:

can someone explain why screen burn in is even a criteria if it's not listed in the trade in T&C ?https://www.samsung.com/us/trade-in/terms-and-conditions/

It mentions dead pixels and black spots - that is not the way a burn in would be described.

It mentions the device must have a functioning display which a burn in display would be.

So why is this even a criteria when assessing the device?

I can't speak for the US, but these are the UK Terms & Conditions:

UK Trade-in page: https://www.samsung.com/uk/trade-in/

UK Terms & Condtions: https://images.samsung.com/is/content/samsung/p5/uk/trade-in-terms/SAMSUNG-MOBILE-TRADE-IN-PROGRAMME...

UK Trade In Terms_page 4.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, are you guys able to share pictures of the images you were sent? (Make sure you don't accidentally post any peronal info if you do share any pics.) It would be good to to see if there's something to Manisha1's speculation that you've all been sent the same photos.  👍

0 Likes
Biffa
Journeyman
Options

Hello all...

I traded in my S9 ten days ago, excellent condition and just received the same email hitting me up for £100!

It's interesting to see so many others being treated the same.

Biffa
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20200507-172629_Email.jpg

So this is apparently the photo of my device.

Seemingly I wouldn't have noticed the black stripes all over the screen!

0 Likes
JillianB
Journeyman
Options

This is the photo I received 

F91BF40B-C504-4491-BC44-BB26B7362918.jpeg

Biffa
Journeyman
Options

in all honesty, the images look like rolling shutter, not screen burn.

I'm awaiting a further reply from the company dealing with the trade in. 

I will provide a link too this thread and then give Samsung a call direct.

0 Likes
Biffa
Journeyman
Options

What number did you ring?

@JillianB wrote:

You should call Samsung, not the repair centre. That's how we got it sorted out. 

0 Likes
Sanny1
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20200507-181154_Gmail.jpg

This is what they sent me... no IMEI number or anything else to identify the phone as mine. As I said previously they waved the £100 fee after a negative Trust Pilot review and I have no doubt this company is scamming customers 😡