Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of trading in your old Samsung for a shiny new S20? Think again...

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 11:08 PM)
DCZH
Apprentice
Options

Well I was expecting £200 trade in for my S8 Plus against an S20 Ultra - now Samsung has received the S8 Plus they claim it has screen burn in at the top of the screen beside the time and want £100 from me. Well this phone is just over two years old. So either Samsung are selling phones with screens not fit for purpose or they are trying to rip me off. This will be the last Samsung I buy. 

121 REPLIES 121
nsharma
Explorer
Options

Apologies, but I need to escalate this to Samsung Corporate office.

I am also talking to trading standards and seeking advice from Citizen Advice Bureau on further actions on this official scam run by SAMSUNG. May be write to national media also with the phorographs and video of my mobile phones.

I am sure once reported, many more Sansung mobile exchnage users will come forward with their complaints.

It seems every trade in mobile has screen burn - as per the emails received ??? 

gordiegem
Apprentice
Options
I'm still awaiting response from Samsung Recycling. Will also report to trading standards
nsharma
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your support.

0 Likes
Johnathan1
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem! I feel I've been ripped off !! I traded in my Samsung s9+ for the Samsung s20 ultra , after about 6 weeks I had an email out of the blue saying my trade in device had screen burn !! I was then charged £100 for the trade in to go through ! Now I know for a fact my phone was in perfect condition phone case and screen protector since new , screen brightness was never above 30-40% (to save battery) also in dark mode ! I feel totally ripped off the phone was not even 2 years old ! My wife traded in an iPhone 6 for the Samsung s20 with no issues , 5 year old iphone vs not even 2 year old ! Sent sent me a photo of the screen burn which could of been any old phone it was definitely not mine !! !!!

Edit !! 

Just received a phone call from 

Billy Swinn

Customer Care Manager

Samsung Recycle Team

apologising for this problem  but apparently they have been judging the phones  too harshly , they have therefore refunded me the £100 and sent samsungs apologies to myself.  I'm very happy with this outcome and now can start enjoying my ultra once again 

nsharma
Explorer
Options

Please keep all your photos and video of the mobile phone.

This is a rip off SCAM officially run by Samsung.

Legal action and reporting to national media will bring more cases like ours.

EmmzR
First Poster
Options

Happened to me too! I've replied to the Samsung Recycling email but they must be the scammers. I'm amazed by this and now really concerned about my new S20 being worthless when it comes to reselling. Was offered £90 for my S8, but now they want me to pay £75 as 'screen burn' this needs to be investigated! The order has completed too so I'm totally confused about what's happened. How shady are Samsung! 

sammy2000
Journeyman
Options

Hi I had the same problem with Samsung. I think its very misleading and unfair.

bourneagain
Student
Options

can someone explain why screen burn in is even a criteria if it's not listed in the trade in T&C ?https://www.samsung.com/us/trade-in/terms-and-conditions/

It mentions dead pixels and black spots - that is not the way a burn in would be described.

It mentions the device must have a functioning display which a burn in display would be.

So why is this even a criteria when assessing the device?

nsharma
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the update.

Yes I checked the terms and conditions ad you are correct.

b)    Your Trade-In Device must have a functioning display with no black spots or dead pixelation of any kind;

It seems the MRT group has its own terms and conditions. They have emails me their terms and conditions, with no header, no samsung logo - and not applicable to recent trade ins.

As I mentioned, I am waiting for official Samsung Corporate response (2 weeks time), the then I will start reporting this exchange SCAM to Trading Standards, CAB and send copies to all communication to national media.

sammy2000
Journeyman
Options
Yesterday I replied to the email they sent me about they want £100 because of screen burn, when I don't believe I have. The phone has been kept in perfect condition and I event send in original box. Does anyone know if I should call them ? Or just wait for a reply
0 Likes