Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of trading in your old Samsung for a shiny new S20? Think again...

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 11:08 PM)
DCZH
Apprentice
Options

Well I was expecting £200 trade in for my S8 Plus against an S20 Ultra - now Samsung has received the S8 Plus they claim it has screen burn in at the top of the screen beside the time and want £100 from me. Well this phone is just over two years old. So either Samsung are selling phones with screens not fit for purpose or they are trying to rip me off. This will be the last Samsung I buy. 

121 REPLIES 121
Manisha1
Journeyman
Options

I bet we have all been sent the same photo! 

JillianB
Journeyman
Options

It wasn't even a clear photo either! 

0 Likes
Pippylong1910
Apprentice
Options

I've tried the customer care number and every time I get placed in the queue I get cut off. Their chat bot simply routes me back to the telephone. I'll try email.

I can't understand why they don't just call their repair contractor and instruct them to cease and desist on screen burn claims until they can properly investigate! 

it's not like they can't see this thread after all....

gordiegem
Apprentice
Options

I have had the exact same email from Samsung.  I traded in a Samsung S9 and I'm 100% certain it did not have screenburn.  It was less than 2 years old and I'm so particular about phone care.  Not impressed with Samsung.

pippsy
Student
Options

i had s9 plus in very good condition. The photo they sent had my imei and details to show its my phone but nothing visible in terms of damage. Manisha on this chat has been very helpful. I have just phoned samsung shop and complained. They were helpful and noted my details. I said i refuse to pay 100 pounds as i dispute any screenburn. She said she would esclate the complaint and reply within 48hrs and try get it resolved! Hopefully it will be sorted! 

nsharma
Explorer
Options

I have traded in 2 mint conditions in excellent working order S8+ mobiles.

For both mobiles,  I received the following message :

There has been a problem with your order.

Programme reference: 288947

Upon inspection of your device we found the following fault:

Display Faulty - Screen Burn

The image they have send is partial image, which is not very clear - for both the mobiles. Just shows the IMIE number, and no indication of any screen burn.

I will be taking Samsung to court. Also I will be contacting Trading Standards, as every trade in mobile cannot have screen burn issue.

I have several photos of my old S8+ and video of the mobile too.

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Afternoon @nsharma. I would strongly recommend sending the pictures to our Trade-in Team at helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk or giving them a call on 0333 207 9676 to see what is going on and how can this be resolved.

0 Likes
gordiegem
Apprentice
Options

The phone number you recommended phoning is not being answered and disconnects. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Due to the current situation, our colleagues are working at a reduced capability so I would encourage you to try to contact them at a different time or drop them an email @gordiegem .

0 Likes
Pippylong1910
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Tess I totally support and appreciate why in ordinary circumstances you'd attempt to contact the recycling company however these aren't ordinary circumstances given this chain.

0 Likes