Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of trading in your old Samsung for a shiny new S20? Think again...

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 11:08 PM)
DCZH
Apprentice
Options

Well I was expecting £200 trade in for my S8 Plus against an S20 Ultra - now Samsung has received the S8 Plus they claim it has screen burn in at the top of the screen beside the time and want £100 from me. Well this phone is just over two years old. So either Samsung are selling phones with screens not fit for purpose or they are trying to rip me off. This will be the last Samsung I buy. 

121 REPLIES 121
Garywilson22
First Poster
Options

Im glad i found this site! I am in the process of trading in my S10+ for the Z fold 2. I have now taking pictures of the phone, the screen and the IMEI number. I no doubt they will try and get me on the screen burn (which there is none) so will be interesting to see what they say when i send in my phone. I wonder if anyone has had a good experience on the trade in where they get exactly the value that they originally offered. Will keep you posted guys. 

0 Likes
mazouni
Student
Options

I had the same email, I have a video proof but they chose to ignore it, emailed UK president, will see what happens.

0 Likes
mazouni
Student
Options

They are in it, already sent a video and they chose to ignore it.

0 Likes
Leebara
First Poster
Options

Exact same issue, blurry email of screen burn and want 25 pounds. I never saw screen burn, phone is 18 months old and in pristine condition. Contacted Samsung who referred me back to recycle company. Have said if not prepared to waive will send new phone back. Really disappointed in Samsung as bought lots of products and just about to order 2 tablets. This stupid littl scam could cost them a lot of lost customers

0 Likes
Garywilson22
First Poster
Options

UPDATE - as expected, i got the email today asking for £100 for "screen burn". The picture they sent is half a phone with no IMIE number and you cant even see any visual burn marks with the screen. I sent a response back saying that its appalling they are trying to get £100 out of people with providing sufficient proof of the defect and the proof that it is my trade in especially in these difficult times. I have said i want to escalate to a manager so will wait to hear their response. No doubt i will have a fight on my hands. 

0 Likes
Thequeenscheese
Journeyman
Options

Same issue today for me, I did a trade in on a Samsung s20fe 3 weeks ago and today recueveds an email stating screen burn which I dispute all together firdtly the picture they sent me is blury and in landscape mode which I hardly ever use so it's just not possible to get burn there unless it's not fit for purpose. 

And as others have said nowhere does it state that's an issue other than general wear  and tear, I've really looked after that phone always in a sliven tough armour cans and with tempered screen protectors on, it went to them chip and scratch free if in 2years of mild use it has a fault (which I don't believe it did) that's not physical damage then I'm sorry but I class that as general wear and tear, or not fit for purpose and still covered by consumer rights.

Funnily enough my brand new s20fe in the same about phone pic in landscape you can also just see the notifications bar (which is what they proclaim has burn) and this is simply a design/or theme and not burn. 

This is a scam teetering on the fraud of the your phones got wet by insurance company's of the past. 

Poor show Samsung feel free to send back my s9 and take this s20fe back I'll get a pixel instead. 

0 Likes
Garywilson22
First Poster
Options

UPDATE - got another email from Samsung with a description of "screen burn" with the same picture they originally sent. I responded saying unless they show me proof that its the phone i traded in they wont be getting anything from me (i still hadn't heard from a manager or anything). The next email i got a few days later saying the fee was waived and the case was resolved. Absolutely scandalous form Samsung!! Makes you think if its worth going through all this hassle. 

0 Likes
Thequeenscheese
Journeyman
Options

It makes believe that the company doing this are still charging Samsung full wack or making a further profit of from unsuspecting people. 

0 Likes
Thequeenscheese
Journeyman
Options

So after a a bad review on trust pilot, forward and backwards with emails telling them I will not pay any extra I got nowhere with direct emails but I did get the whe thing quashed if I removed the bad review from trust pilot.

They also made it clear they are not Samsung but a separate company and the reviews were important to them, they are obviously trying it on with just about all returns they receive and most likely either selling the phones on for larger profits or charging Samsung more than they should having charged the returnee for a fault that does not exist (I actually think the said screen burn fault is a total made up lie and what they claim is screen burn is actually part of the notifications bar itself and just the way it works as my new s20fe has this same look to what's supposed to be screen burn and a new phone cannot have screen burn). 

Spurs
First Poster
Options
Received a message today to say my part exchange phone had a screen burn fault that they wanted £25 to repair.
1 screen burn not listed in their t&c
2 the picture does not show screen burn
3 many other people seem to be reporting the same issue.
Could this possibly be a scam?
I will now arrange to return my new Samsung phone and get my old phone back. I will also be cancelling an order I have placed for my OH again with a part exchange involved.
Apple here we come!
0 Likes