Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talktalk email/gmail problems

(Topic created on: 02-12-2020 04:56 PM)
victorsj
Journeyman
Options

Hi I have a new Samsung A7 tablet. I have a gmail email account and I have also added my talktalk email account. The problem I am having is that emails into my talktalk are also coming into my gmail. I have had this problem before so as you advised I uninstalled the talktalk email and reinstalled it - this has worked for a time but I have now got the problem again. I uninstalled again but unfortunately after reinstalling the talktalk email I am still getting emails into the talktalk email also pouring into the gmail.

Does anyone have easy to understand instructions re how to get rid of this problem once and for all. - I am so sorry that I changed to this new tablet my old samsung tablet was perfect for my emails being kept separate.

Thanks for reading this cry for help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
victorsj
Journeyman
Options

Thank you so much for your  helpful and easy to understand reply. It has worked a treat and I now can access my talktalk emails properly.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is the Talk Talk account on a separate app or did you add the account to Gmail?
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
hi mate. I was trying to go through it step by step last time. it sounds like you're still adding the talktalk email account in the Gmail app which is whats causing your issue.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
1. uninstall it again... the talktalk one.

2. go to the Galaxy Store App

3. top right corner there's a magnifier glass, press it to search. search for "Samsung Email"

4. download this app. its an official Samsung email client. don't worry.

5. Once its downloaded open the app then go through the steps to add your talktalk one on that one.

by doing this you will have 2 separate email apps for 2 separate email accounts mate.
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
took a picture of the app you need to get on your tablet. there was a time where Samsung had it preinstalled on their products but looks like some new products dont have them preinstalled.

20201203_200319_28272.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
victorsj
Journeyman
Options

Thank you so much for your  helpful and easy to understand reply. It has worked a treat and I now can access my talktalk emails properly.

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
glad to have helped Victorsj, anytime.
0 Likes
Members_61zVlAv
First Poster
Options

Brilliant. Sorted a problem that's taken me all day to try to fix.

Howard