Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Suggestion - Burst shutter on volume button long press ?

(Topic created on: 11-03-2020 08:58 PM)
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options

One thing im struggling with is taking selfie burst mode while running. 

On my previous s10+ you could just hold the shutter button for burst mode on any camera, or, hold volume up or down for the same thing. 

Ive noticed on the s20ultra, the single press volume buttons still seem to take single shots, but burst mode is confined to a drag down motion on the onscreen shutter button. Works fine for rear camera shots or steady selfie shots, but as you can imagine, trying to do this while running across fields is a little awkward and im finding I need double jointed fingers! 

The volume button method was great to allow for some stability in the hand as I could grip the phone securely. 

Ive made the suggestion to samsung so hopefully if enough people have the same experience i should think they could update this in a furture software update. fingers crossed (or dislocated... as mine are fast becoming)  

Go to solution
27 REPLIES 27
digisam
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm that burst with the volume hardware key is back!

crazymarketer
Student
Options

Thank you for giving back this feature! It's really great to have it back, and it also feels great that we can see you are truly listening to what we need. 

A happy again s10 owner.

0 Likes
Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options

... not for the S20 ultra... Then again, they never had that option. I'm finding more that I just don't bother taking burst pictures anymore.. too much of a pain in the back side. I'm even shocked to admit that I've considered downgrading to an s10 plus again. Better camera by far, better fisheye, better button placement, better camera controls, etc etc ... 

himmelsnetz
Student
Options

The volume button works to take pictures, it doesn't work for photo burst.

0 Likes
digisam
Journeyman
Options
sorry, I didn't spot the sub was for the S20, I must of clicked this post from one of the suggested posts on the sidebar It was for the S10, sorry
0 Likes
Solution
FXSpectre
Apprentice
Options

They've just added volume key burst mode to the S20 as of the latest update as well

Majorj0nny
Pathfinder
Options

I'm so happy... Agreed, the latest update allows this to happen. Kinda suggests the Samsung person that told me this wasn't a feature because it was technically not possible either didn't know what there were talking about or were just lying. 

Anyway.. happy happy 😄

0 Likes
dakan
First Poster
Options

How to turn off the burst shot for the volume button?

I need single shot only and do not want to end up with burst shot if accidently hold the volume button.. 

0 Likes