Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sound Chooser Missing for Ringtones and Notifications S20+ 5G

(Topic created on: 27-08-2020 01:49 PM)
Hsan
Apprentice
Options

I was setting notification sounds from Zedge.

When I went to change back to an original sound I have found the normal sound chooser panel is no longer showing for either ringtones or notifications. When selecting a new sound for SIM 1 or 2, instead of going to the sound chooser I receive a file manager view of folders and files.

Please advise how to get the sound chooser back.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DaveNewco
Journeyman
Options
if you go into settings on the device then apps select zedge and then bottom listing is to set as default clear this then after that you should be able to select normal sound picker that is on the device

View solution in context

Solution
Hsan
Apprentice
Options

Success!!

I had deleted Zedge...  I re-installed and went to settings>apps>zedge near to the bottom and it had a setting to default to Zedge/ESFile Explorer/Picker.  I actually had defaulted it to ESFile Explorer.

Thank you very much for your help.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Patrick
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What i do for this is i convert the ringtone i want to .mp4 and copy it to   internal storage/alarms.

Than from ringtones settings  it will show up there next to the standard ones :smiling-face:

Stars-Moderator-signature-800x200-patrick
0 Likes
Hsan
Apprentice
Options

The problem is I no longer have the panel with the list of standard ringtones/notifications to select (blue dot). 

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Do you have Dark Mode turned on? Could you try turning that off then try again?

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Solution
DaveNewco
Journeyman
Options
if you go into settings on the device then apps select zedge and then bottom listing is to set as default clear this then after that you should be able to select normal sound picker that is on the device
Patrick
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you provide a screenshot please.

Stars-Moderator-signature-800x200-patrick
0 Likes
Solution
Hsan
Apprentice
Options

Success!!

I had deleted Zedge...  I re-installed and went to settings>apps>zedge near to the bottom and it had a setting to default to Zedge/ESFile Explorer/Picker.  I actually had defaulted it to ESFile Explorer.

Thank you very much for your help.

0 Likes
ScarletMichelle
First Poster
Options

I also often download tunes from Zedge, but when they download, they have to wait for their ads to finish downloading.

You can also see more at https://worldringtones.net/

0 Likes
liston
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same thing with Samsung s10e - instead of sound chooser I get file manager and a bunch of non-ringtone audio files

has anyone solved this?

0 Likes
liston
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG remote support solved it - file manager was set to default and it has higher system privileges so it was popping up instead of sound picker(chooser). the lady uninstalled file manager (APPSTORE PRODUCT) - sound chooser appeared.

i was advised to reboot and wait more than 24 hours for all residues of file manager to disappear -

Then  I will see whether i need file manager at all and if yes reinstall it.

0 Likes