Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Issue

(Topic created on: 26-03-2020 09:06 PM)
Saxy
Navigator
Options

Anyone else having issue with Sim card on S20 plus? Was fine until last night when i lost service to provider (right after taking a call) and sim card manager constantly says 'checking'. Not sure if phone or genuine network issue? Phone keeps re-starting, guessing as a result of the issue? 

28 REPLIES 28
Saxy
Navigator
Options
Its very odd... am no expert, but it appears to be 5g related. Hopefully Samsung will put a patch out for it soon.
0 Likes
Fred3453
Apprentice
Options

Yes,

My Samsung S20+ 5G SIM - suddenly died yesterday in Australia on the Telstra Network after working for two weeks.

It does not help that there is currently no Tech Support at all - and no customer service, in Australia, due to virus lockdown.

Went in-store and no amount of resets would fix it.

Still have no freaking phone - very annoyed that I had to send my old S9 back. 

Very upset with this failure of the new Samsung, or Telstra 5G - who knows what it is?

However, battery use seems to be UP - and phone seems warm to hot!

ybusc
Journeyman
Options

Mine start to work after one week (esim). And I don't know how!

0 Likes
Onewhitewog
First Poster
Options

Have the same problem, s20 4g though, phone gets really hot and sim card cannot be found, tried resetting, sim in and out still no good. AUSTRALIA telstra also, happened last monday

0 Likes
tf2006
Navigator
Options

I'm on O2 in the UK. I keep losing data connection on my S20 Plus. First time I contacted O2 and they checked the Network. No faults. Still keeps doing it and I only get a connection when I restart the phone. Waiting to hear from Samsung. Could be a long wait. In the meantime I'm not getting WhatsApp, text messages or calls and it's not a good time for families to lose touch! 

0 Likes
Rhonny
Pioneer
Options
I went out for my one allowed walk yesterday, and once I'd left the reach of my wifi, it went to one bar of 4G but wouldn't connect to any sites, Spotify, nothing. After 20 mins I restarted the phone and it instantly connected to 4G. I thought it was a signal issue but I think it's a phone issue.

I'm on EE in the UK, latest software, S20+.
0 Likes
ajithvenkat
First Poster
Options

Hey Guys,

Same issue here in New Zealand, intermittently the phone losses the SIM card network status. Unable to receive or make calls, I had to restart my device. This is happening at least 4-5 times a day. contacted technical support but no replies.

I also have one more issue. The device getting rebooted automatically for an unknown reason.

No idea what's going on . I have tried factory resetting my device as well but no luck. Installed latest patch no luck.

I'm requesting Samsung to replace my device, but no replies.

Thanks,

Ajith

0 Likes
Saxy
Navigator
Options

Samsung need to sort this, its clearly some issue with the Sim... 5g? Too much of a coincidence its happening to so many. Fingers crossed, mine has been okay since hard reset, although Samsang did offer me a replacement at the time since tech support couldn't resolve it. Samsung need to at least acknowledge this is a known issue and they are hopefully working on a fix! Hope all you guys get sorted.

0 Likes
tf2006
Navigator
Options

Contacted them and it's going back. Fed up losing messages when I'm allowed out to walk the dog! Samsung arranged a DPD collection from my house. They won't do anything to replace or refund until that one is back and day it will take 5 working days. 

0 Likes
Fred3453
Apprentice
Options

I just want to reply to my own post and say that a recent Telstra Samsung update in Australia has fixed this issue completely. The phone no longer gets hot, it doesn't discharge too quickly, and there have been no issues with the SIM card since. Thanks for the resolution Samsung it is amazing what a software patch can do!

0 Likes