Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sim card does not fit the tray

(Topic created on: 15-07-2020 05:07 PM)
MontyTheCat
Journeyman
Options

My nano-sim card doesn't fit properly into the sim1 slot on the tray - the manual states to gently press the sim into the tray to secure it.  Mine doesn't 'click' into the slot, so (thinking it must be the sim) I requested a new sim from my mobile provider, which arrived this morning and that one doesn't click into place either.  It falls out if I pick up the tray and turn it over, so it is not secure in the tray.

A bit of experimentation has revealed that the sim will click securely into place on the sim2 slot, but that means I can't have an sd card installed.

Can anyone help please?  I'm otherwise impressed with this fabulous mobile.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
MontyTheCat
Journeyman
Options

JL weren't a great deal of help.  They can't source a new sim tray for me.  Could I take it into a store so they can see the issue?  Well, no, because I'm shielding.  

Long story cut short, on JL's advice,  I've ordered another sim tray myself from a reputable online supplier, and also two free sim cards from two other mobile providers and I'm going to do some experiments to see what fits.  

If this is the solution, my next issue will be how to get the phone out of the clear view case...

0 Likes
Solution
MontyTheCat
Journeyman
Options

New tray did the trick!  SIM card 'clicks' into place and does not fall out any more.  

I then tried two other SIM cards in the old tray and both of them fell out as soon as I picked the tray up. 

Seems to me I bought a beautiful shiny mobile with a tiny fault in a piece of plastic.  Fortunately, it only cost £4.80 to replace the tray.

Dave-S20U, thanks again for your replies :smiling-face: 

Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options

Ah great pleased to hear you got it sorted! I just assumed it was by design! Ah well, once my SIM is in it stays in, so no worries this end :smiling-face: 

Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
I have an s20 fe and the sim card goes in slot 1 and the sd card in slot 2. How you get a sim to fit in slot 2 I have no idea. the shape is all wrong with projections that get in the way. looks like there is a manufacturing problem on the sim trays. Can this be claimed under warranty? I've only had it a week.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Is your Samsung Galaxy S20 FE a U.SA. device?

Are you showing... Settings > Connections > SIM card manager?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options

Same way as slot 1 but you cannot have a MicroSD card in at the same time

0 Likes
Dave-S20U
Helping Hand
Options

SIMs come with multiple size popouts now, normal size, mini SIM and MicroSIM, you should be able to pop the smallest one out so long as you remove the SDCard first

0 Likes
MontyTheCat
Journeyman
Options

Hello Hwalker1, what is it that you're asking me specifically?  

My sim card would not stay in the sim tray.  I had to buy a new sim tray from another company, since Samsung declined to send me a replacement tray.  My S20 was brand new at the time.

You can put either 2 sim cards or 1 sim and 1 micro sd card in the sim tray.

0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
I bought it from the Samsung on line shop and it arrived in three days so as I live in the Uk its unlikely. I can find a sim card manager in my settings but its deeper in than your post suggested. it has sim slots 1 and 2 but I've only tried an sd card. without the sd card there is no room for any data so as I often cannot get a signal so cannot use the camera. So its sd card and camera or just have one supplier and get no signal most of the time. not impressed with lots of poor design items on this phone.
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
how to put a sim card in slot 2. o have tried but no result. SD card fits no problem. sim card not.
0 Likes