Support

Open search

Samsung should add more refresh rate options

Highlighted
Navigator

Samsung should add 90hz option on all S20 series because it will have balanced battery life instead of using 120hz all the time.We shouldn't  be forced to use 120hz just to get smoother experience.Also Samsung should allow users to use 120hz at 1440p because users should have freedom of choice.Oneplus will offer users 120hz at 1440p at a much cheaper price.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Apprentice

I agree they should let us choose between 60 , 90 and 120hz. And they should allow use to choose 1440p at 120hz. I hate that they are blocking this option by software and forcing user's to get 120hz at FHD+. And I do know they could easily allow us to achieve 120hz at 1440p v a software update hopefully they will realise an update to allow this.

Highlighted

90hz would be a good compromise at 1440p, the battery life on my old oneplus 7 pro was pretty good with it turned on all the time.

Highlighted

Yes correct. 60, 90 and 120 Hz should be enabled via software update. And 120Hz at WQHD resolution should be provided. After all, you have paid for the high end product. Customer should be given choice.

Highlighted
Apprentice
I read they are working on an update that would allow the 120hz at higher resolutions (higher battery drain) and also a dynamic option that would adjust the refresh rate based on the app being used. You don't need 120hz to look at pictures so it would drop to 60 hz in the gallery, but back up to 120 in Chrome, etc. I agree, I'd like to see a 90hz option too.
Highlighted
Explorer

totaly agree. 90 hrz would be the sweetspot. Comming from S10plus to S20plus (120hrz) is like going back to those unhappy dayes hunting down a charger once every fricking day, missing 20% battery to get true the day. I got this phone becorse i realy realy wanted that 120 hrz refres rate, but now i have to turn it of or get a powerbank. Hmm Starting to regret this phone. Feels like some kind of comprimice. And it should not at this price

Highlighted
Highlighted
Navigator
Just like the OnePlus 8 pro (which uses a Samsung screen) is giving 60, 90 and 120Hz options
Highlighted

I definitely agree. I can assume that if Samsung wanted to they could give us

FHD+ at 60/90/120Hz

WQHD+ at 60/90/120

But unfortunately they are being weired about it. The way you change your refresh rate should be simple were as iv shown above we should have the ability to change between 60/90/120Hz but Samsung don't like that way but I don't why they don't maybe it's premium enough for them I don't know. But they should definitely give us thoses abilities. Like it is an expensive phone and I and probably everyone else who has it wants the absolute best from it that in clues the screen resolution and refresh rate. I hope Samsung does sort this out quickly.

Highlighted
Apprentice

yes Samsung allow this.

What fun is a flagship, if it doesn't even come with basic options such as these. Highly disappointed.

Top Liked Authors