Support

Open search

Samsung S20 ultra slow photo

Highlighted

My gf just updated her phone and now it takes up to 3 sec between the time you press the button and the time the photo is taken.

If it helps. Update done 06/06
version : G988BXXS2ATE7 / G988BOXM2ATE6 / G988BXXU2ATE3

Does anyone else have this problem. It's really frustrating. Worked perfect before the update. It literally takes 3 sec to take a picture and messes a lot of them up since within 3secs a lot can happen. No matter what kind of photo you take normal or portrait is the one we use most (no zoom).

Photos taken during day time inside and outside. 

Is this a known issue and what's the solution?

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted

I too am having the exact same issue. Also, it won't focus close up either.  This lack of focus and slow photo taking, especially compared to my S9+ which I miss is really annoying.

Highlighted

All fixed in the July update

Highlighted

I hope so. I just checked for an update, so hopefully it will show up soon.

Highlighted

You can flash it manually if you want, samfw.com for firmware, flash with Odin 

Highlighted

Sadly, no. Am going to have to wait for Verizon to push it out. Just not something I would feel comfortable getting from another source!

Update notes, though? 

Highlighted
First Poster

still waiting for a soloution, that update didnt fix it for me.

Highlighted

Factory reset then because the July update contains those fixes

Highlighted

Check XDA Developers forums, all info for everything about the S20's is on there, links, change logs, tutorials etc

Highlighted

The July update appears to have fixed the problem for me too. 

Highlighted

The firmwares you download to flash yourself are not from a different source, they are directly downloaded from Samsung servers, and you flash them using Samsung's own internal flashing tool called Odin (Odin only flashes signed / original untouched firmwares)

Top Liked Authors