Support

Open search

Samsung S20 ultra slow photo

Highlighted

My gf just updated her phone and now it takes up to 3 sec between the time you press the button and the time the photo is taken.

If it helps. Update done 06/06
version : G988BXXS2ATE7 / G988BOXM2ATE6 / G988BXXU2ATE3

Does anyone else have this problem. It's really frustrating. Worked perfect before the update. It literally takes 3 sec to take a picture and messes a lot of them up since within 3secs a lot can happen. No matter what kind of photo you take normal or portrait is the one we use most (no zoom).

Photos taken during day time inside and outside. 

Is this a known issue and what's the solution?

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted

I have the same issue with my s20 ultra, my gf has the s20+ and it's fine. All the same settings. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Yes I'm experiencing the same issue. It has taken up to 5 seconds for the front camera to capture a picture via the button. Quite shocking performance with this camera considering the value of the S20 Ultra. I never had this problem with my S10+. 

Highlighted
Explorer

I actually stopped to use Live Focus mode on S20+ 5G. It's useless with the speed we have on S20... :C What the hell is going on with these updates?

Highlighted
Observer

I have an S20 Ultra and I have the same problem. I tried to change every setting to eliminate the problem, but without any success. However, I also noticed that the camera hasn't any performance issue when I don't take a picture of faces. It's very fast (how it's supposed to be) when I take photos of my furniture, buildings, nature etc. But as soon as a face is in the frame, regardless of which camera I use (front or back), it seems like the camera is "thinking" up to 5 seconds to do something in the background. But I don't know what it does to shut that process down. Any ideas? 

Highlighted

Exactly the same problem. After this update, it takes 3-4 seconds for the picture to be taken after I touch the button. Also seems to me that it is related to specific scenarios. Because on rare occasions it takes photos as expected, without that nasty delay. 

Highlighted

both me and my wife have the same issue.  3-5 second delay in taking photos.  Has anyone resolved this?

Highlighted
First Poster

I have exactly the same issue. It's extremely frustrating! I got this specific phone to take pictures and it can't even do that properly? As someone else said; it only happens when there's a face in the picture. Are they scanning the faces perhaps? If so, stop scanning during the process and scan after the photo is taken. And maybe add an option where you can turn this off. If you're gonna build a phone around a camera, at least have it function properly.

Highlighted
Tap to focus first, works for now until they fix it
Highlighted
First Poster

my S20 + 5g is doing the same!! It's so annoying!

Top Liked Authors