Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy S20FE not connecting to Windows 10 laptop

Highlighted
First Poster

I have had my Galaxy s20 FE for just over a month.  Every time I try to connect to my Windows 10 laptop via the USB (the one it came with), it tries to connect, drops, tries drops and finally gives me a "could not connect" message. I can connect easily with the Galaxy S8 (same cord), and with my old phone.  I am just trying to transfer a group of pictures and other files.  It is VERY frustrating.  

I saw where someone suggested a Bluetooth pair app - but that doesn't work, either.

HELP!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi - I have experienced this with my Galaxy A5! It fixed shortly after I did this.

Follow these steps 🙂 :

1. On the keyboard do Win + R and type 'control', which will open the Control Panel.

2. Where Hardware and Sound is, underneath select 'View Devices and Printers'.

3. Go to the bottom. If you see on the device options of an Incompatible device, select it and remove that device.

4. Remove the Phone from the computer. (Try it in another port as well!).

Please update me if this works!

You can also Bluetooth files from your phone to your PC.

Regards,
Chris
Highlighted

@S3228: If you're having trouble connecting your phone to your PC then I recommend downloading Smart Switch by following the link, clicking on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' and selecting the relevant version. Once installed, open Smart Switch > Connect your S20 FE using the official USB cable > Select Backup, and follow the on screen prompts. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Highlighted

Nope.  It still doesn't let me open the gallery photos (DCIM) and let me transfer anything.  Just keeps connecting and disconnecting.  Thanks for trying.

Highlighted

Not knowing SmartSwitch, I do not want to backup the entire phone, just move a few photos directly with USB.  I used to be able to do that with my older S7, and I can still do that with my husbands S8, why can't I do that with S20FE?  What setting on the phone is blocking it?  or what device driver on Windows 10?

Highlighted

I just installed it to try, and again, it keeps connecting and disconnecting repeatedly - never sees a connection.

The SmartSwitch will only work of laptop can actually sustain a connection via usb to the S20FE.

Highlighted
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Maybe check the wire or approve the prompt to allow files to be seen by the computer
Top Liked Authors