Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy s20+ ultra alarm issues

(Topic created on: 12-07-2020 04:01 PM)
Alexander0605
Apprentice
Options

Hey guys. 

Is anyone else having problems with using the alarm when the phone is muted? 

As in you go to bed at night and mute your phone, but the alarm will still go off and with volume in the morning?

Mine is silent and i cant find a way to fix it. My old s8+ had an option called alarm theough soundless.

Hope someone can help.

Go to solution
29 REPLIES 29
Members_r3rAWxt
First Poster
Options

hi

please could someone add the solution to this thread again - I've just got the S20 and my alarm didnt go off this morning as my phone was on mute.....

thanks

0 Likes
Shenaaz2020
First Poster
Options

Worked for me too.....thanks

0 Likes
Fowltactikz
First Poster
Options

It took me awhile but I figured it out you have to click on the alarm icon and in the right top corner you'll see 3 dots. Click that and you'll get the option of " delete, settings, contact us" click settings the go down to  "  Vibrate for alarms and timers" and turn it of.. With this option on anytime the ringer is set to mute or silent the alarms and timers will be set to do the same..hope this helps

gazza84
First Poster
Options
my alarm clock vibrates even when vibrate is switched off anyone got this Problem?
0 Likes
xXBamBamXx
Student
Options

I have the same problems,  and I've been in contact with customer support from Samsung, and they did a update and it worked for a weeek without me making any other changes then turning my phone on silent mode.. This ***** is frustrating with a such a expensive phone! I had this crappy phone on pre order, and I've tried to return it ever since. S20ULTRA is my last Samsung phone i even have the slower EU model.

0 Likes
Chazza
Student
Options
thankyou that worked for me. what a stupid setting- people could literally get sacked for being late because of this setting
xXBamBamXx
Student
Options

Hey alex, I've tried this, but still the alarm is coming and going, with the only change to settings are the phone is set to mute and nothing else is changed.. Like today, i went to bed, set the alarm and it just didnt sound... Only a short vibration and a short bip.. I even showed my co worker when i came 1.5hr late for work, i set the alarm, the same happend.. I set another alarm 1 hr later after finally arriving at work, and now it rings😡 This is so frustrating,  and i have never used anythelse then my phone for alarms, so i do not have an extra in my bedroom.. And I've always had a Samsung phone, so I'm really disappointed of Samsung after this S20 Ultra, if they do not step up their game in Eu, and give us the same as the rest of the world, and fix their issues, this will be my last Samsung gadget from now on.

Y0mama
Student
Options

I didn't go through all the pages but from what I can tell. This has not been solved. At least not in a way I could understand.

Here is the solution.

Go to settings > apps > clock > clock settings > de-select vibrate for alarms and timers. It's the very first option in clock settings.

I have not tested this to see if activating vibrate option within the alarm itself would cause the same problem or not but you can test this easily. I just left it off for my test amd the alarm sound works perfectly when you de-select "vibrate for alarms and timers"

0 Likes
Y0mama
Student
Options

***** dude. I feel ya. I set my alarm to test it for an important surgery for tomorrow and I realized that it didn't make a sound. The only thing that saved me for work this morning was my samsung watch 3 vibrating on my arm when my phone alarm went off.

I found the solution after I chatted with a pro that was of no help because they had no idea what to do. I told him they better send all s20 phones a notification on how to fix this or they will lose customers and repeat customers.

Solution to the problem: Go to settings> apps> clock> clock settings > de-select vibrate for alarms and timers. It's the very first option in clock settings. It seated this with phone on mute and it works perfectly. 

Glitterpants
First Poster
Options
thank you i had same issue. I tried everything. unticked the box, now it works perfectly. thanx agen.
0 Likes