Support

Open search

Samsung Galaxy S20+ dropping calls

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hello, there! Before 2 weeks I bought a brand new Galaxy S20+ (the red one). Since the beginning I am having problems with my phone. My calls keep dropping. I try to dial and I hear a calling signal, but the call drops after 4 seconds. The receiver never received my call. I tried with my husband, two phones near each other-same story, the other phone never rings. I must restart my phone, my network settings, my flight mode, or to force down the phone app in system applications. I can make a call only after I do some of these things. After an hour or so everything repeats again. I can not receive calls too. They are going directly to my voice mail. After restart everything is fine for another 1 hour. My phone is updated to the last framework, i tried both sim slots, hard reset, soft reset, network reset- nothing changes. It is so frustrating. Why have I paid ~1000€ for a phone that I can not even use?! My sim card works perfectly fine in other phones. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Back for More
hello there, my friend had this issue too but it was fixed when he updated his phone to the latest software, to do this go to settings, scroll all the way down and click on software update make sure auto update is enabled and then click on download and install, once it has downloaded it click on install now
Highlighted

I thought the same and when I saw the update was more than happy. But it did not helped. The update is G985FXXS5BTIJ from 5 October 2020. It says that my phone is up to date.

Highlighted
oh no I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried to get in contact with where you got it from and asked them replace it?
Highlighted

I bought it from the official Samsung website. But I saw other ppl that are having the same issue and hoped that someone had found a solution. 

Highlighted
in that case I would get in contact with samsung customer service and ask them what they can do for you
Highlighted

I already sent an e-mail to their CS, but still waiting for a replay. I hoped maybe someone found a solution, because I saw that this issue is a common within the new S20/S20+/S20 Ultra series. Thanks for your answers! 

Top Liked Authors