Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 18-02-2020 03:15 PM)
Michaelolah
Journeyman
Options

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
BDante
Explorer
Options

I just spoke with someone from Klarna who couldn't have been more apologetic. 

Written confirmation that I don't have any kind of agreement with them is on its way and as I haven't taken credit out with them I was told that they would remove the hard search from my credit records. 

As much as I could expect from their end really and the end of what little doubt I had left.

Now to see if Samsung have anything to say, especially as I left detailed feedback for them in my reply to the forum mod.

Once again thanks to the forum staff for stepping up and helping us to get this resolved when nobody else was particularly interested in helping us. You have been wonderful.

CosmicThomas
Journeyman
Options

I called Samsung today after waiting for a week thinking my brief convos on live chat would solve anything. They knew nothing , just pointed me to klarna. Couldn't tell me why my upgrade agreement number doesn't work anymore.

Spoke with klarna and they took all my details and said they know of the issue etc and to wait 2 days.

Goddamn I was so excited to upgrade after the live stream . Why didn't I just wait a few days and all would have gone thru without a hitch 

0 Likes
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options

I too just hand a call from Klarna, they are putting me through a manual credit application. 

Could take upto 5 days to hear back

0 Likes
H0v1s
Explorer
Options

Yes i've just received a call from Klarna and spoke to Shannon who was lovely, very apologetic and totally understands our situation, they are clearing our credit reports done by Klarna and will be sending an email out shortly as what to do next if we still want to upgrade.

She has advised not to try again until i receive an email to do so as they are still going through the issues.

So looks like Klarna have resolved the issue, just want Samsung now to get back to us regarding ordering the Ultra as it's out of stock but was in stock when we originally ordered, now come on Samsung do your bit.

Oh when you try to register for an update for stock on the Ultra the web page just goes blank so don't it works, you need to register as new customer then it works.

Mr_wednesday
Journeyman
Options

For anyone who started with klarna last year it was under the close brothers system / branch so if you cant access your agreement online or it doesnt show on the app thats primarily why.

* Your paperwork may say klarna but the advisers will struggle to find your agreement *

( Just had a chat with a klarna adviser)

Currently paying off my s10+ and starting fresh bit of a nightmare having an credit agreement but not being able to manage or see the balance myself.

0 Likes
KasK
Apprentice
Options

Upgrading to the S20 Ultra 5G is causing me extreme issues as a current Upgrade Programme member from the S10+.

The page crashed when completed checkout, no order confirmation from Samsung but Klarna sent a direct debit confirmation e-mail. They also done a CREDIT CHECK, when the order didn't even go through; this means they will do another one when I re-order. No way am I letting the error check stay in place mate. Not happy with Samsung, Klarna or TransUnion (TU carries out checks for Klarna, apparantly). Will be logging in a complaint.

0 Likes
yamyam67
Pioneer
Options

So who exactly are Crapna contacting and removing credit checks for? is that everyone who has tried to order whether successful or not, or just customers who have an agreement number or customers who have had more than one deposit taken???

I take it Crapna will not be contacting upgrade customers who were declined but who were told to try different platforms thus have numerous hard and soft credit checks??

Seems to be they only want the members where they have taken money, evey one else can  swivel

0 Likes
Rees82
Explorer
Options

@yamyam67 

I'm guessing the people who the mods have taken details from?  @Sam_UK 

Because when I speak on the phone Klarna have no information suggesting I've been in touch (Despite the 10 searches and the DD email and the deposit request). 

I've not had a call yet, nor have my 2 deposit requests been released yet. 

0 Likes
yamyam67
Pioneer
Options

Thanks Rees82 ill look back on this moment amazed i got involved in it while i log onto the latest Apple product

0 Likes
Rees82
Explorer
Options

@yamyam67  mate I'd rather get shot in the balls than join the apple ecosystem... 

But I'm also done with Samsung now. Might be time to sell the countries secrets to China and give Huwawei a go