Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 ultra wifi calling

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 03:27 PM)
Stevetaylor
Student
Options

Hi

I am looking to buy one of these phones but before I do I was wondering if anyone could answer a quick query for me.

I live in a remote area of Scotland where the phone signal is very poor therefore I rely on wifi calling. If I buy this phone outright from the Samsung website and put my own sim in it (I currently have a sim only deal with BT mobile) will I be able to use my sim and still be able to use wifi calling or will I lose this function as the phone will/may need to be jailbroken for the sim to be accepted? 

Regards 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Stevetaylor ,

the phones that we are selling on our Online Shop are unlocked, which means that any SIM can be used. In regard to Wifi calling this is a feature offered by the network provider so if you are currently using this on your phone you should be able to continue using this on your new S20 Ultra 5G. 

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Stevetaylor ,

the phones that we are selling on our Online Shop are unlocked, which means that any SIM can be used. In regard to Wifi calling this is a feature offered by the network provider so if you are currently using this on your phone you should be able to continue using this on your new S20 Ultra 5G. 

Stevetaylor
Student
Options

That's great, thanks for that. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I had Wi-Fi calling on my s10+. Recently upgraded to a s20+ unlocked version and the Wi-Fi calling is gone - it's not there.

Seems to be not available in the unlocked version, which definitely sucks.

0 Likes