Support

Open search

s20 Ultra slow wifi on Asus router Ax88u

Highlighted
Navigator

Hi All,

I wanted to know if anyone else has been experience slow wifi speeds with their wifi 6 router. I have the Ax88u router and i know from the US forum some had trouble with their Note 10s as well.

When I run a speedtest alongside an iphone 8 the iphome has a much faster download speed compared to my S20 Ultra phone. I do have 1Gbs Internet in my home.

Would be good to see if anyone else has the same issue?

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted

try below. It fixed the same problem on my Note series.:

Clear network configuration

Resetting a device’s network settings is one of the most important troubleshooting step that you need to do in this case. By doing this, you are effectively wiping all network configurations including all the wifi networks saved as well as their passwords.

To clear network settings:

1. Open Settings app.
  2. Tap General management.
  3. Tap Reset.
  4. Tap Reset Network settings.
  5. Tap RESET SETTINGS button to confirm.
  6. Restart your Galaxy Note10 and check for the problem.
Highlighted
First Poster

Hi

I have Asus DSL-AC88U modem router and have same problem with my GALAXY NOTE10+ wifi connection.

But, my older modem TP-LINK 8961ND has no problem. 

Highlighted

Hello, 

I have the RT-AX56U and Samsung devices are the only devices I have problems with.   I have a Samsung TV that is not new by any means but has Smart TV functions like Netflix and other video apps, it connects via Wi-FI and is able to connect for less than a day.  Speed is great when connected, I am able to stream John Wick 3 in 4k, file is 19GB, bitrate is 21 MB/s and is generally a good way to test my network speed on the TV.  But the TV is not connected after sometime, I thought maybe a day at first, but it seems to be less than 8 hours from what I have observed.  The device shows it is still connected, but does not have a Valid IP and the router shows it is connected.  But doing a test via the TV's software yields it does not have connection to the internet and/or network.   

I don't own any other Samsung devices, but my mom has a Samsung phone, I don't know the model, but she has the exact same issue, she is able to connect to the network while she is here but when she comes back over, usally a week later sometimes the next day, she is not able to use the internet.  The only way to fix the issue is to forget the network and connect and enter the password again.  The TV is the same, I have to forget the network and connect again, the TV is more of hassle to do this on a remote, but I have a Chromecast and another a Comcast flex box that works better than the TV's software so no big deal. 

I have tried disabling smart connect and using manual channel settings, but the results are the same with Samsung Devices.  I have an OG Pixel and 2 pixel 3a phones that never have to reconnect.   So the question is where is the problem is, with Samsung or ASUS?  I have given up on finding a solution as its not relevant for me, but if I had a Samsung, I would go crazy

Highlighted
First Poster

HI,

I just got my S20 and experiencing slow wifi speed on my Nighthawk AX4 wifi 6 router. Speeds are 5-8 Mbps at best and shows 'Connected without internet'. The same phone connects and have substantial wifi speed on older wifi routers Asus and the standard AT&T fiber router. Were you able to resolve the issue? I've come across conflicting information: some say it is the wifi6, others say it's the S20. I'll keep looking for a solution while connecting to my older routers.

Highlighted
Navigator
I returned my router and went back to my old AC88U. I am waiting for the S21U and then hopefully get a Wifi 6E router at some point next year
Highlighted

Wow!  That's terrible.  I also have a G20 Ultra.  Mine connects to my el-cheapo Engenius AP at 907mbs and I get 450mbs on speedtest which is fantastic because I'm paying for 400mb internet. And that's with bluetooth on.   I have the cheap 2 antenna WiFi 6 AP.   I was considering picking up an ASUS WiFi 6 router just for the free AV/Malware protection.  But having second thoughts now.  I will keep an eye on this thread to see if a solution is found.

Highlighted
First Poster

For anyone still having issues, someone suggested to go into Connections>Wifi>Advanced Wifi Settings>and under MAC Address Type, to select "Phone MAC" instead of randomized MAC. I am now getting consistently over 450 Mbps for download and upload on Wifi 6

Highlighted
First Poster

I have the same problem on my galaxy note10+ and Asus DSL-AC88U

Top Liked Authors