Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 ultra sim manager comes on at startup?

(Topic created on: 14-03-2020 10:04 AM)
Bryden
Pioneer
Options

Every time I switch on my phone the sim manager pops up, no apparent settings to change, I click done and back to normal. But why and how to stop it? Or maybe there's a setting I need to to change. 

Everything works fine 

Go to solution
78 REPLIES 78
tomarikawa
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I hava a S20+ 5G model, and I had the same issue.

So, I confirm that after updating my Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5g (SM-G986B/DS) over OTA, it has solved the problem with eSIM, 2nd SIM and SD-card. I just updated and did not try the trick to switch SIM-card slot. The request doesn't appear anymore.

I can't say, which version I had before, but the new is:

- Kernel-Version:

4.19.87-18598659

#1 Fri  May 15 07:59:43 KST 2020

- Buid number:

QP1A. 190711.020.G986BXXS2ATE7

- Service Provider SW Ver:

SAOMC_SMSMG986B_OXM_AUT_QQ_0007

RFCN30DCRLB

AUT/NEE,AUT/EUY/AUT

I hope this version information is enough for you Android experts 🙂

PS. I don't really understand why Android phones has always so complicated version numbering. I never understand what all these mean 😉

Weatherman
Navigator
Options
Hi Tomarikawa - that is very kind of you to let me know, thank you. I have a slightly different phone it's the S20 Ultra 5G . My last update finally came through on 25th May. Unfortunately it has not made any difference to the SIM Manager popping up shortly after turning the phone on. So my wait goes on, but now your S20+ is fixed maybe the S20 Ultra is next?. All the best, Dave
0 Likes
Weatherman
Navigator
Options

This is still a small but irritating issue, every day going through the SIM process, just fix it please

0 Likes
DejanBG
First Poster
Options

Lucky you. I do not have "SIM card manager". My phone is S20+ 5G (SM-G986U1). 

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The Samsung Galaxy S20+, SM-G986U1, is a single SIM, country minority variant for the U.S.A. and therefore, unlike the Global model with dual SIM, (D/S), does not need a, SIM card manager" 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Weatherman
Navigator
Options

Maybe its lucky you 🙂 From time to time at start-up it will ask to check your SIMs even though like most people I only have the one

0 Likes
lucidnx
Explorer
Options

I had this issue too on Note 20 Ultra, now I switched to Z Fold3, same story.. hack with 2nd SIM as somebody mentioned is not applicable here, Fold3 does have only 1 slot. (anyway, it did not helped me on N20u).

It seems to be related to esim activation or something because if I cancel that window and skip that, my esim stop working after few hours and I am unable to make a call.

Weatherman
Navigator
Options

Thanks for that lucidnx, its s funny thing I must say. Every morning I just cancel the window and it works fine. It does feel that someone should be developing a better system, hey ho...

0 Likes
lucidnx
Explorer
Options

Well, I actually think they are doing great work.. many things are working really good, a lot apps are working better than any other app including google stock apps..  Just there must be some bug.. This is annoying to go trough it every day but at least 2nd sim is fully functional. I would like to have it fixed in OneUI4 tho...

SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

It's not fixed in the Beta as I've found out the last couple of days since moving to an eSIM. That's on a Note 20 Ultra.