Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 ultra sim manager comes on at startup?

(Topic created on: 16-03-2020 06:20 AM)
Bryden
Pioneer
Options

Every time I switch on my phone the sim manager pops up, no apparent settings to change, I click done and back to normal. But why and how to stop it? Or maybe there's a setting I need to to change. 

Everything works fine 

78 REPLIES 78
Bryden
Pioneer
Options
Samsung Live chat no help. They just hung up on me when they did not have an answer!
DerOllie
Journeyman
Options

Can add to this problem, am having the same isssue, the sim card manager keeps opening after boot/reboot.

On the Tweakers forum (Dutch) have found also 2 others who have the same.

@Samsung: How to fix, or bring an update please for this?

Bryden
Pioneer
Options
Update : Samsung chat have escalated the issue to their management and are getting back to me by 16th March
Smiler-uk
Explorer
Options
I'm having this problem from day one also s20 ultra
0 Likes
Rhonny
Pioneer
Options

I have exactly the same issue on my S20+ and my wife has it in her S20, so it's a universal issue. 

Not sure if it is useful info, but we're both on EE. 

Solution
DerOllie
Journeyman
Options

Ive gotten the tip to send an error report via the Samsung Members app installed on your phone (or re-install)

Do it like this: boot up the phone, and enter the home screen. Then just wait for the Sim card manager to come up, and click ok/ready. Then go directly to the Samsung Members app, and select bottom option Support, then Send Feedback, then select the option Error reports, and enter shortly the mentioned popup of the simcard manager, and send the report. (Im doing this from Dutch, don't 100% know what the english option names are, but this should be enough to find the options)

This way, Samsung is getting the reports of the same issue in an structured manner, and as long as we all send the reports, this would pick up on their radar.

Libb
MegaStar
Options

I have the same issue. After restart it takes about 2-3 minutes and the window appears itself:

Solution
Libb
MegaStar
Options

OK, here is a solution (more workaround, but is works and that's important):

The issue is probably caused by 1 SIM card in slot 1 and SD card in slot 2 (probably also without SD).

Try this: remove the SD card and put any SIM into slot 2 so you have two SIM cards active. Confirm the dialog and restart the phone. The dialog can but not have to appear. Remove the SIM2 and return SD card back.

Now the dialog shoudn't display after reboot (works for me)

Paul200
First Poster
Options

I have the basic S20, 4 days old, and yes, exactly the same issue, but not prepared to do factory reset as it will take me a day to get back to normal. Samsung, get this sorted asap

0 Likes
Libb
MegaStar
Options

@Paul200 Read my previous post, fix is easy

0 Likes