Support

Open search

S20 Ultra not charging

Highlighted
Apprentice

So I received my S20 Ultra yesterday and I found an issue every time I try to plug in the charging cable it refuses to charge unless I turn the device off it will charge. Which is a strange bug. Has anybody else experienced this bug ?

54 REPLIES 54
Highlighted
I just did that and I hope it'll be helpful to everyone experiencing the charging issues.

If it's not clear enough, you can leave a reply and I'll respond.
Highlighted

@Juxy wrote:
I just did that and I hope it'll be helpful to everyone experiencing the charging issues.

If it's not clear enough, you can leave a reply and I'll respond.

Good job, hopefully it'll help the others too. Luckily I don't have the issue. Cheers

Highlighted
I called samsung and they asked me to go to Settings, General management and then to press the reset button - Seems to be working ok now
Highlighted

I received my s20 yesterday and mine was doing the same. Wouldnt charge unless off. But i tried my s9 charger in and it charged perfectly.. eitherway way im returning it today as its not right. Maybe its the chargers that have the fault.

Highlighted
Have you tried the steps i listed in order to resolve the issue?
Highlighted
Thanks for sharing, I had the same issue with my S20 plus that I just received today and after following the mentioned steps, it’s charging normally now.
Highlighted

My battery is dead. How can i charge it. Plugged it in still not charging

Highlighted
If it's not charging when off then you might have to go to Samsung store or chat their support up.
Also try a different charger or same charger in different wall outlets.
Highlighted

I'd been having this issue with my s20+ but I have managed to replicate the issue and might be worth anyone else considering if they have done anything similar.

At my desk, I plug my phone into a type c cable (genuine) which plugs into my monitor.  It charges fine.  However, when I then use the plug in the mains, it no longer works and I have to restart my phone.  

Wondering if people are using third party chargers or plugging it into another power source before they then try charging from a genuine source?

Highlighted
First Poster

Mines is not charging fully, the screen brightness adjust itself to full the Bluetooth automatically turns on when the phone shuts off and I turn it on all my apps email to sign in go away

Top Liked Authors