Support

Open search

s20 ultra (exynos) heating up really badly !

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi , as stated above, it is heating up like crazy , even now as I'm  typing on it. Basicly what is on is 120hz , 5g, and thats about it. And this is just one of the issues, the camera autofocus is completly usless , pictures come out blurry even when it's focused in, when zoomed x5 in some dark spot, some blue dots appear out of nowhere , battery life is complete sh*t, most likely due to overheating (nothing Compared to what I saw from you youtubers and Samsung ads) Super slow motion quality could be compared to a calculator. What the hell is going on with this phone !! Is it just mine ?? Should I replace it ? I really wanted to like this phone, but with issues like this I don't trust your brand anymore @samsung! you promised innovation , and you deliver this , to your loyal customers , shame on you ! When can we expect any information  ?

65 REPLIES 65
Highlighted
GrandMaster

@Jed30700 i have installed game plugins and had a lool at it.

That sensor luclily was not the battery one so the 49 are not the battery, and that is a relief

Playing around with, i need to unserstand if it is a t junction sensor o a t edge one

Archer
Highlighted
@Archer_Legend Big Cheese
I'll try cpu Z and see what the results are. I'm really really furstrated when I game on Codm, when my game becomes unresponsive and laggy. I need to be agile and accurate and any lag costs me dearly. I can't get consistent good performance at all. 😞
Highlighted

I can also confirm all the above.Battery drains quick , super overheating (cannot touch the back of the phone) .Sometimes i must remove the Samsung branded case as i am really afraid of burns 

Highlighted

Its crazy only 4 hours my s20U have 10 hours screen on time with Exynos.

Ofcourse with some tweaks:) no root tho

Highlighted
Tweaks as in compromises?
Highlighted

@PAnonemous wrote:

Its crazy only 4 hours my s20U have 10 hours screen on time with Exynos.

Ofcourse with some tweaks:) no root tho

May you send a screenshot? Looks strange

Archer
Highlighted

No compromises

I have a guide on how i did this on the dutch forum.

Translate it to english to read.

Also updates on the topic are in the comments.

google translate it.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20-S20-S20-Ultra/Galaxy-S20U-Battarijduur-verbeteren/m-p...

Highlighted
"tweaks" as you say...
The normal tweaks like animations, dark mode etc yes but other than that the rest feel like compromises to me.
I guess everyone speaks for themselves.
Nice article though
Highlighted

Ive compromised nothing tho:)

But yeah if you dont want to 'compromise' for 5-6more hours SoT thats on you haha

Highlighted

Lol that is what i have already done on my s10 plus exect the dark wallpaper

Archer
Top Liked Authors