Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 Ultra Clear View Cover no notifications

(Topic created on: 27-03-2020 09:51 PM)
EnigmaNL
Journeyman
Options

So today I got the Clear View Cover for my S20 Ultra. I was pretty happy with it until I noticed it doesn't show notifications for Whatsapp and Gmail (haven't tested any other apps).

I found no way to turn them on anywhere. I have enabled notifications for the lock screen and I have turned on Always on Display. When a notification comes in all it does is make a noise, the AOD only shows the clock and that's it.

This is making the cover pretty useless because you have to lift it up to even see if you got any messages!

Please Samsung, do something about this, this very same issue also existed for the S10!!!! ALL APPS need to be able to show notifications through the clear view window!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Christos-GR
Apprentice
Options

Christmas miracle!😋

Last big update tree days ago, fixed it!

If it is enabled, now all notifications can be seen through case window and stay there for all the time!

View solution in context

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
Hi, you looked into the instructions booklet?
There should be smthg helpful I think.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
EnigmaNL
Journeyman
Options

Are you joking? The instruction booklet?

Oh you mean the little piece of tissue paper that came with it. No, I'm afraid there is nothing useless in there. It's just a picture that shows you how to put your phone in and a bunch of disclaimers.

0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
Oh, okay 😂
I just have the LED view cover don't really know how the Clear Cover works 😶

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
EnigmaNL
Journeyman
Options

So you just come in to tell my to RTFM, very helpful indeed :).

0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
Ikr lol
Hope you get better help soon 🙃

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
Raz3r1
Student
Options

Anyone got a solution to this yet? i find it really bothersome that you cant see whatsapp notifications.

I mean if you open the cover and close it again the whatsapp notification is seen but you cant see it unless you open the cover first.

maybe a third party app can fix this? haven't looked around yet

0 Likes
EnigmaNL
Journeyman
Options

I've looked everywhere and as far as I can tell there is no third party app to fix this issue 😞

Just one of the petty ways Samsung is trying to force you to use their apps I guess.

0 Likes
EnigmaNL
Journeyman
Options

skatergamer127 came up with a workaround:

@skatergamer127 wrote:

I have found a way for the screen to show notifications when you receive them, but it goes back to the clock only screen after 5 seconds. You must use an app called macrodroid. (no root required)

Download the app and make this macro:

Screenshot_20200403-003727_MacroDroid.jpg

Again, this will only show the notification for 5 seconds after receiving it.

If anyone has a solution to make them show up PERMANENTLY, I would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
DaniNotHappy
First Poster
Options

Ive got excactly the same problem. I want a solution really bad. Its not usefull this way. Not happy. Greetz from the Netherlands.

0 Likes