Support

Open search

s20 ultra battery life problem

Highlighted
Apprentice

Screenshot_20200313-162709_Device care.jpg

I just use 4hours 6 minutes and the battery  from from 100%to 18%, it's 120hz,but i am not playing  games,just use some  chat apps and watch YouTube. I watched many YouTube s20u test videos,others can use about 10hours for phone. And my phone just buy 4days,  every time the battery  life is less 6 hours,i turn off everything uncessary settings.

88 REPLIES 88
Highlighted
Its now 4pm and my battery is down to 59%. I am not a heavy user, emails, whats app and other app based info. Actual screen on time will be less than 30mins.
Highlighted
***** that's bad. Have Samsung even commented on these battery issues?
Highlighted
Never saw a word from them officialy on that subject, just something about an update that will extend battery life but most likely it's bull*****. Anyone else maybe ?
Highlighted

They are probably just sitting back and self congratulating themselves.

At this rate,  this phone will die in the EU because they wanted to make it cheaper but sell it at the same cost!

I see lots of returns or class action being taken.

Highlighted
True, yes, but when you think about it, it's even more expensive than the us ! I dont know when in eu are you but in uk its 14 houndred pounds !! Where pound to us dollar is like 1.3... so i dont know about you guys but i feel kinda *****...
Highlighted

As expected from exynos, cheap a** chip resulting disappointed users. 120hz screen does making the phone heats abnormally, i've ever used other phone with 120hz rate without any heats, unless gaming but that's normal. This s20 ultra cant even handles heat @120hz for whatsapp and facebook, crappy chipset. I hope you samsung will never bother using exynos for future phone. Wonder if i can get snapdragon version if i make a complaint to their service center.

Using exynos version feels like robbed to me

Highlighted

My last phone, a Red Hydrogen 1, if I left it overnight while sleeping didnt seem to use any charge. This phone I charge up to around 80% or so before sleep and when I wake up its down over 10% with no use. I bascially have to charge it twice a day and I barely use it. txt msgs and occasional email and i havebn't even really used the camera except for a dozen photos maybe since I got it 2 weeks ago.

It is really awful batter life. S20 Ultra.

Does disabling 5G help? We have no 5G in the area so I would think it would not make a differnce. 

Highlighted
It does seem S20 Ultras with the Exynos cpu do nt work as well as the USA version with the Snapdragon. Both on battery power, photo processing and display quality. Wish mine had the Snapdragon 😭
Highlighted

The display quality is the same as the Snapdragon variant.The battery life,the camera and the performance is terrible when you compare it to Snapdragon.Here'd a clip where you can see a huge difference between the two.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6CUSe8kgIE8

Highlighted
I read a video test using the two CPUs and the Snapdragon ran cooler and faster, that is what I meant by quality 👍
Top Liked Authors