Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra and Netflix: such a bad quality?!

(Topic created on: 24-04-2020 10:22 AM)
Aratheba
Pioneer
Options

Am I really the only one noting that S20 Ultra has horrible quality on Netflix?!

To be more precise: the image is really dim and colors are muted and I have to upper the brightness very much just to be decent. And even if I use the maximum brightness this is not as  bright as it should be given the maximum brightness I've just set.

I own a SM-G9880 (Snapdragon 865) since two days ago and yesterday I tried watching Ozark season 3. I was previously watching it with my Mate 20 X (the phone I had before S20 Ultra) and I immediately noticed the image was dark and colors were  muted. I started comparing the two phones side by side watching the same scenes and the difference was striking. It seems like there's a sort of gray/greenish veil on S20 Ultra, especially on dark scenes as if the screen doesn't have enough contrast. 

I tried enabling/disabling Blu filter and video enhancement without any result.

No one else has such an issue?!?

Thanks 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Rhonny
Pioneer
Options

Have you set the download quality to high in Netflix settings? 

0 Likes
IchBVB
Navigator
Options

As far as I know especially nowdays Netflix has lowered the quality of the videos due to the coronavirus so it will ease the data networks

0 Likes
Rhonny
Pioneer
Options
Sure, but a lowered standard quality would still be worse than a lowered high quality, so best to check the quality is as high as it can be.
0 Likes
Aratheba
Pioneer
Options

Yes, I have

0 Likes
Aratheba
Pioneer
Options

No, it has nothing to do with lowered quality due to corona virus.

I'm comparing phones side by side, so both should have the same lowered quality

0 Likes
Rhonny
Pioneer
Options
My question wasn't about their lowered bitrate, I answered someone else.

My question was have you set it to the highest quality in Settings? Are both those phones set to the same quality? Is one a download (high quality) and one a stream? Are they both set to the same resolution of FHD or WQHD? Are they both coming from the same Netflix account (or two accounts at different payment tiers)?

Basically, are you comparing like for like?

If so, maybe it is indeed the Ultra that's at fault.
0 Likes
Aratheba
Pioneer
Options

@Rhonny wrote:
My question wasn't about their lowered bitrate, I answered someone else.

My question was have you set it to the highest quality in Settings? Are both those phones set to the same quality? Is one a download (high quality) and one a stream? Are they both set to the same resolution of FHD or WQHD? Are they both coming from the same Netflix account (or two accounts at different payment tiers)?

Basically, are you comparing like for like?

If so, maybe it is indeed the Ultra that's at fault.

Yes, of course same account, same wifi network, same resolution (fullhd+), etc

Moreover, I was not talking about lack of definition, but about dim scene and muted colors!!!

0 Likes
Nldutchyjay
Journeyman
Options
Had the exact same issue. Side by side with an s8, the s20 was terrible. Some darker scenes you couldnt really make out any detail on the s20. One of the reasons i returned my phone and claimed my cash back.
0 Likes
Ivan1405
First Poster
Options

exactly this problem I noticed at s20 exinos where it should be dark is lit.

0 Likes