Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 shipped then recalled?

(Topic created on: 10-03-2020 08:55 AM)
Fra_T
First Poster
Options

Got a couple of despatch emails the other day, one for the phone, one for the upgrade pack to return my S10

Then a DPD delivery notification and text this morning to say my S20 would be delivered this afternoon

All seemed quicker than I expected

Got home, upgrade pack arrived

DPD delivery tracking says phone recalled and being returned to Samsung!

My Samsung account order says shipped as well

Someone pull the trigger too early on the delivery, or something else? 

0 Likes
53 REPLIES 53
Fra_T
First Poster
Options

Is it possible that DPD are holding them to redeliver this Friday 13th (UK)?

The 'Return to Consignor' is their way of holding them back and they're not actually going all the way back to Samsung?

0 Likes
Deadst4r
Explorer
Options
No mine was 100% returned to Samsung. I have a tracking ID from DPD for the shipment back to Samsung. Mine was returned and signed for on March 4th.
0 Likes
Valenni
Explorer
Options

I rang Samsung yesterday and they looked into and sent me an email as proimised. They confirmed that its was being sent and to expect it today! Still not received a tracking number or text from DPD though, so won't hold my breath. 

0 Likes
Sbol15
Pioneer
Options

I know a lady on Twitter who got there S20 + Friday 28th FEB!. DPD recalled them but it didn't get through to the delivery driver and she receievd it that day. She's from Scotland. 

Looks like she was LITERALLY one of the first people in the UK to get the phone, if not, the first. 

0 Likes
Satters
First Poster
Options

Hi I paid extra for my S20+ delivery for this morning and got all the emails saying shipped and today  DPD say they haven't received it yet and Samsung UK dont know where it is or when it will be delivered but it will be delivered!! 

0 Likes
HybridBunny
First Poster
Options

After many emails, live chats and finally an actual phone call I kept being told that my order had shipped and should be with me today (10th of March), I kept telling them that it has said "Shipped" since Feb 25th. The phone call however I was told the same thing and said that If I dont get the actual truth about this order I'm making an official complaint to the Omsbudsman. Eventually I was told that it will be either the 11th or 12th of March "Due to massive demand and the couriers cant keep up".  Then the typical "Thank you for purchasing Samsung products and have a nice day."

I don't honestly mind the delay, its the whole not being told. How hard would it have been to send a mass email saying that the orders COULD ariive 2 or 3 days later than planned due to samsungs ***** up? *****s, the lot of them. Its made me rethink about even needing an upgrade, might just send it back and get my £800 back. edit: (they actually censored "I D I O T S" lol

0 Likes
Deadst4r
Explorer
Options

Yeah I don't actually care about the delay either, I just don't believe that they will reship our orders that got messed up from the early dispatch. 

Like if it says shipped on our side, I'm struggling to see why they will redispatch. But then they do have 50 different systems all with different details probably. 

0 Likes
Deadst4r
Explorer
Options
So ironic that they canceled our early dispatch only to have massive delivery issues. Imagine if they had of staggered the deliveries...
0 Likes
Student
Options

There's no delivery issues, that's their way of covering up that they've messed up. The main thing annoying me is the face that there's been NO communication from them at all. When I've asked I was assured it would still arrive today so they;ve been aware of the issue.

Currently got a DM open with them on Twitter but only had 1 reply so far. Will probably need to give them a call too!

0 Likes
Fra_T
First Poster
Options

The @SamsungUK Twitter account could see my order but had no other details, directed me to their Online Shop Team 0330 726 7467

The Online Shop Team couldn't understand the recall of my order and said they would escalate the query for more info, maybe I'll get an email response in a day or 2

All in all, bit of a mess!

0 Likes