Support

Open search

S20 Plus Camera Focus (after recent update)

Highlighted
Apprentice

I am still having issues focusing up close using 3:4 (64 MP) after latest update. Why has this not been fixed? Pictures remain blurry.

3:4 (64 MP)3:4 (64 MP)

Screenshot 3:4Screenshot 3:4

3:4 is better, but forget on going 2 inches away from the subject. Still is blurry.

How come I didn't have this issue with my s6 Edge and S9 Plus?

Awful.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
GrandMaster

I think that it is not a sensor issue, it is due to the focal lenght so the focusing you are seeing is "normal" for an s20 ultra.

If i get some cheecky info i will let you know

Archer
Highlighted
Explorer
I dont think this can be "fixed".. You are just too close to the subject. The camera cant focus that close. Get a inch or 2 further and crop in, if you need a picture that close up.
Highlighted

Yeah that is the only choice

Archer
Highlighted
Yes I think it is something like 10cm minimum focusing distance (with the ultra anyway). On my ultra I can focus with the zoom up to x9.9 from about 15cm then when you hit x10 and it changes lens you have to move back. At x9.9 you can get a really close and detailed shot from not too far away.
Highlighted
Explorer

For me it worked to reset the app settings (for instructions, see www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-camera-how-do-i-reset-the-camera-settings/ )

Highlighted
Navigator

Yes, disappointing for the flagship phone that it cant focus every time! I would love to have the option to set the focus myself should I need to and for the phone to not override my setting ☹️ If I wish to take a snap of a very distant object I know its focus is infinity. I set it, but then the phone decides that the Moon is only 10M away, sigh! 

Highlighted

@Ququka wrote:

For me it worked to reset the app settings (for instructions, see www.samsung.com/za/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-camera-how-do-i-reset-the-camera-settings/ )

This worked for me! Such a simple fix, thank you!!

Top Liked Authors