Support

Open search

S20 overheating??

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi i wonder if anyone who has received their S20 has experienced some overheating? I upgraded from my S9 which occasionally was hot during charging and heavg usage whereas the S20 is getting really hot from normal usage like phone calls or using the phone for longer than 10 mimutes and no where near the heavy usage the S9 went through. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks in advance.

144 REPLIES 144
Highlighted
Apprentice

yeah got mine today and its hot all the time.

I thought its was just the initial setup, update and data transfert from my old phone, but no, it continues even im just watching a youtube video....

Ultra Exynos version btw

Highlighted
I guess I have to replace mine as well, so weird...
Highlighted

Same issue here...I took it last wendsday...I made a clear set up...during usage in camera app when I tried to change to selfie...app was freezing..phone started overheating and reboot after 1 minute..note that my s20 version had a software update available...I got a new one as replacement thursday...till today all were running normal...but I didn't install the available software...I just did it...and despite the fact that camera doesn't  freeze...overheating is clear comparing to last 2 days....disappointing...I will contact once more Samsung at Monday...

Highlighted

Had same problem, on exynos version did factory restore and manually installed all programs. First time I used Samsungs app for transferring data between mobils.

Highlighted
That's interesting, I just initiated an exchange and going to send mine back soon.
May I ask you if you had a random restarts at all? It looks like it's a big issue and it happened to me many times as well.
Highlighted
my phone seems to restart every few nights randomly in the middle of the night, unsure the reason. Although my replacement phone doesn't overheat as much It is very disappointing to have these issues in the first place.
Highlighted
and what about the battery life? It seems I have around 3.5 hours SOT with 120hz and almost everything else turned off...
Highlighted
Its pretty good i must admit, 120hz is turned on and I'm using everything as normal whether that is YouTube or video calls here and there. Battery lasts all day. The 1st phone i received which was overheating badly the battery disappeared probably within half a day with not as much usage due to the overheating.
Highlighted

So the screen on time should be around 5-6 hours on your new one right? 

Highlighted

After a few days of use, it seems it runs less hot and battery life is a bit better. I guess the usage learning of android 10 need some time tu put the right apps to sleep. Ill need to check what SOT i have because i still feel its less than my old note8.

Top Liked Authors