!-- End Google Optimize -->
Support

Open search

S20 overheating??

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi i wonder if anyone who has received their S20 has experienced some overheating? I upgraded from my S9 which occasionally was hot during charging and heavg usage whereas the S20 is getting really hot from normal usage like phone calls or using the phone for longer than 10 mimutes and no where near the heavy usage the S9 went through. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks in advance.

146 REPLIES 146
Highlighted

Interestingly, I just created a thread regarding your final comment - ie preferring the + to Ultra.

Could you reply in there in why you prefer it?  I don't want to ask in here and hijack the thread :smiling-face:

Highlighted

I have an exynos version and yes it overheats badly when i play games bad purchase

Highlighted
First Poster

Hey, 

So as all of you have, i recently got the s20 Exynos version. The phone operates fine. However, i find it overheating when I do things like Whatsapp Video call. There was also a point when i was setting up Google Assisstant and it was overheating - the app eventually stopped working properly and i restarted the phone and it was fine after. The whatsapp video call overheating still persists though. 

I don't know what to think of it, any advice will extremely appreciated. 

Thank you :smiling-face:

Highlighted
Update:
I have asked for change for 2 times, so I have tried 3 s20's in total....But the problem is still there...
And my solution is, returned them all and ordered a Snapdragon varient from eBay. Now I've been using it for 2 weeks and everything's just fine. Never experienced the same overheating problem so far. So I can comfirm the problem is with the inferior Exynos chipset.
Oh btw, I paid less for a Snapdragon varient (5G version) than the Exynos varient (4G version).
Highlighted
First Poster
same here
Highlighted
Its thermal throttling, the Exynos chip is not capable of what the Snapdragon can do.
Highlighted
I had the same screen time with ALL APPS in deep sleep. It just a insufficient Exynos processor!
Highlighted
I have been having the same overheating issue as everybody else and I am getting sick of it it just seems to happen at random for me I could be on any app and all the sudden the phone just gets extremely hot I have massive FPS drops to an extent that the phone is basically unusable. And I am so sick of it and it usually happens at least once a day for me. But unfortunately I received my S20 Ultra on the 13th march so am over the 28 day return period 😞
Highlighted

@ziatshing 

Where did you find it on ebay if I may ask?

Also I think the SD version doesn't have a memory expansion card slot? 

Also it uses Sony camera sensor and not the house built-in from Samsung.

Highlighted

No I got it from Samsung them selfs. And to make sure we're talking about the correct S20 Ultra it's the Exynos one !

Top Liked Authors