Support

Open search

S20 overheating??

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi i wonder if anyone who has received their S20 has experienced some overheating? I upgraded from my S9 which occasionally was hot during charging and heavg usage whereas the S20 is getting really hot from normal usage like phone calls or using the phone for longer than 10 mimutes and no where near the heavy usage the S9 went through. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks in advance.

146 REPLIES 146
Highlighted
It varies between 6-7
Highlighted
First Poster

Mine is 4G version and has the same problem...

It gets warm all the time

Highlighted
First Poster

I'm having the same issue, S20 5G variant. I have 120hz on and battery on Optimized yet the phone seems to be hot even with very little use. 

Do I really need to get a replacement? 

I just upgraded to this device from an iPhone 11 pro, my first move to android, so I don't know if this is normal of Galaxy phones? 

Highlighted

It's not normal and I ordered a replacement already and I would recommend doing that as well because not everyone is experiencing it. 

Highlighted

I agree, my replacement phone is normal and can now definitely see the upgrade from the s9 whereas on my 1st initial phone it was a downgrade.

Highlighted
Thanks, guess I'll have to call my network provider to order a replacement.

Quick question, whats the best method for backing up the phone? Usually on iPhone iTunes does it perfectly so setting up a new phone is pretty easy.
Highlighted
Just search for backup in settings and back it all up to Samsung account. On the next phone just restore from that account and you should have the exact same phone. You might also want to back it up to Google (same menu) just in case.
Highlighted

after a complete reset without using samsung smart switch (some said it could cause battery drain) , and a week use (battery optimiser completed usage pattern learning) , i have 4:30 SOT with 27hours between 2 charges. The device is running warm as soon as i use youtube or samsung browser. Should i get a replacement or i got fu...by a 1300€ exynos ??

Highlighted
Its worth adding my phone has stopped overheating now, my battery app warned me that chrome was draining my battery so I disabled the chrome app and now use samsung internet. An i gotta say my device has been acting normally now.

But im on a exynos anyway since im in the Uk.
Highlighted

UK here.  got the unit yesterday directly from Samsung.

Glad to say no issues with overheating at all.  Used it practically all day yesterday from point of delivery + charging (1pm-2pm ish) until about 11pm getting it setup the way I want as I never do backup>restore especially on device or major release upgrades.

Battery lasted from 2pm (100%) until 12:30pm today (3%)

But thats good going given the amount of screen-time yesterday, installation of apps etc wifi, bluetooth on and on the 120hz + random testing camera and so on.

Today all day its been fine too

Top Liked Authors