Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20+ Not getting notifications

(Topic created on: 17-03-2020 09:19 PM)
Taylor0304
First Poster
Options

Since getting my S20+ everything has been great, yet I've noticed within the last day or two that I'm not getting notifications anymore. I won't see WhatsApp or Instagram messages unless I open the apps. I'm not getting app icon badges either. My phone is on loud and I have notifications turned on for both of these applications. I've tried restarting the phone and deleting and reinstalling WhatsApp and the issue still continues.

Go to solution
44 REPLIES 44
GavinWA
Student
Options

After a lot of trial and error, I and others have found that this notification bug is actually being caused by the Amazon Alex app.

Uninstalled it, rebooted the phone, and Notifications are working perfectly fine ever since.

Timbo6sic6
Student
Options

So... 

Is there a solution now? 

I have tried every "solution" on the Web I found and nothing works. 

After using my S20 for just a few weeks now, I'm thinking to go back to my 3 years old LG G6 which is at least working reliable. 

remeloe
First Poster
Options

This is a recurring issue on Samsung phones over the years. It's a phone...don't add anything else until you ensure people get their calls and alerts. It's not that hard. Jesus!

0 Likes
Nasurddin
Student
Options

Having the same issue and have alrey tried all the solution.you said. I eve turned off any power saving mode. I think it's killing all the background tasks unnecessarily. Even my Google alarm clock isn't working. 

Siân1
First Poster
Options

not working for me

JHN18
First Poster
Options

I found a somewhat sufficient solution (not sure if its a permanent one but it works) i realised my developer options were on i simply turned it off and the notifications came back.

0 Likes
parrothead
First Poster
Options

Is there a fix yet? I am having the same issue. Reset watch, reinstalled Wearables App. Powered both phone and watch off then on. I have Watch 3 and Note 20 ultra. Watch is useless without notifications. 

dh813
Apprentice
Options

you have to ALLOW background data and turn battery optimization OFF for app  and turn off sleeping for that app.

gmail is notorious as some others for changing your settings every app update

Starfrosty
Student
Options

Seriously doubt it's a problem in the settings, and you really dont think people have tried this one yet??

suebdoo
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the suggestions, tried everything, but when I did the Soft Reset, my phone finally made notification sounds for text messages. Thanks!

0 Likes